sharetrader
Page 19 of 104 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    percy

Same arguements were used when RYM started out.
    Awfull they should look to profit from oldies.
    Leave it to the not for profit groups.......................,who provided poor care and lost heaps doing it.
    EVO provides a service in a strong growth sector.
    Their business model is sound.Their eps is growing,which will see a growing dividend.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nothing more important that a child's early care and education - what's wrong is that for every dollar parents pay for that care about 15 cents is profit for EVO - most eventually finding its way into shareholders profits.

Just imagine if that $30m odd a year (in Evolves case) was spent on the children developing them even further instead of enriching shareholders.

Childcare/education and the relentless pursuit of ever increasing shareholder returns aren't a good combination
    Well it gives people options right? Parents can always send their kids to an alternative - the same as with private schools, if you dont like what the state provides you can choose another option which I guess is the same options here with childcare. The same as the retirement sector.... We can't honestly expect a business not to make a profit because it performs better than the competition? What I think needs to happen is the competition needs to step up their services which in turn will take up their costs....and ultimately end up being paid by parents or the tax payers.

I have estimated EVO sitting at aprox 10.5 PE ratio with the assumption of 18mil fy earnings . While 7.7 PE is cheap on its own it could be slightly higher npat when earnings are announced next month?

Greatly undervalued for a growing company imo
    Last edited by bung5; 29-04-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: corrected npat ant PE estimate

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    I have estimated EVO sitting at aprox 7.7 PE ratio with the assumption of 25mil fy earnings . While 7.7 PE is cheap on its own it could be slightly higher npat when earnings are announced next month?

Greatly undervalued for a growing company imo
    I think your assumption of NPAT=$25m is incorrect. It will be much lower.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I think your assumption of NPAT=$25m is incorrect. It will be much lower.
    Maybe he meant an EBIT of 25m as 4traders is forecasting? and NPAT could be slightly higher than last year?

Unless he knows something that we don't

Even though he was speaking about the P/E here, he has to be talking about EBIT, FY2016 NPAT was around 8m...
    Last edited by hardt; 28-04-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Advanced Member

I bought late last year liked the combination of growth plus reasonable dividend - nice mix

percy

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I bought late last year liked the combination of growth plus reasonable dividend - nice mix
    Me too.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Plus they are in a growth sector.
    With Norah Barlow busy as CEO of EHE in Australia, I am pleased that Alistar Ryan will take over as Chairman on 1st June.
    The appointment of Ms Grainne Troute, who is already on the boards of SUM and THL, is also positive.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Even though he was speaking about the P/E here, he has to be talking about EBIT, FY2016 NPAT was around 8m...
    Half year for the current period was NPAT of 8.8m. Last FY profit was 15.6m

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Me too.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Plus they are in a growth sector.
    With Norah Barlow busy as CEO of EHE in Australia, I am pleased that Alistar Ryan will take over as Chairman on 1st June.
    The appointment of Ms Grainne Troute, who is already on the boards of SUM and THL, is also positive.
    I'm not seeing where the growth is in this stock?