sharetrader
Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    A broker(Forbar) has started coverage on EVO. Outperform rating and target of 1.21
    More details here
    http://markets.ft.com/research/Marke...asts?s=EVO:NZC
    and here
    http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...?symbol=EVO.NZ
    If they do make the target price in the next year, couple that up with a dividend, and you could see 25% returns.

Of course there is further upside if (when) more eps accretive acquisitions are made.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Norah Barlow and Forsyth Barr, names you can really "trust". Credit Sails, Feltex, South Canterbury Finance, SUM insider trading. Good luck Noodles.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-01-2015 at 09:35 AM.

3 million shares yesterday and another 3 million today - milford buying even more ?

Quote Originally Posted by hilskin View Post
    3 million shares yesterday and another 3 million today - milford buying even more ?
    Apparently because similar companies to EVO in Aus have had largely positive earnings announcements recently there is Australian institutional demand for EVO (i.e. looking for similar company in NZ)
    Last edited by Slam dunk; 24-02-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Slam dunk, that would explain it and I will be watching with interest.

Hold.

Does anyone understand why the share price has dropped after a positive financial report?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Traderwannabe View Post
    Does anyone understand why the share price has dropped after a positive financial report?
    They appear fully priced if you compare to their Aussie counterparts. Affinity are trading at a low (79c) down from a Feb high (1.40.) G8 are at 3.30 (hovering around their 12 month low mark.) G8 have a PE of 20. EVO is at 23.

I'm struggling it see where the growth will come from to support those valuations? It's hard to evaluate the earnings potential of an EEC - but there has to be some concrete ceilings around roll size etc. Other aspects of the business, especially Lollipops, are mature (it probably needs revitalising.) Perhaps, they will get some cost savings synergies from centralising the 80 odd aspects of their business, if that's what they're planning? Either way, that's not something that sets my pulse racing.

Looking at the pricing of established dividend yield stock in the current market, EVOs share price, if it is seen as primarily a future dividend play , looks like it has more downside risk yet. Nothing is the report suggests they are chasing growth.

IMO

Appreciate you sharing your observations H/P and joining dots. Great first post which wouldn't have come without the question from another first poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    They appear fully priced if you compare to their Aussie counterparts. Affinity are trading at a low (79c) down from a Feb high (1.40.) G8 are at 3.30 (hovering around their 12 month low mark.) G8 have a PE of 20. EVO is at 23.

I'm struggling it see where the growth will come from to support those valuations? It's hard to evaluate the earnings potential of an EEC - but there has to be some concrete ceilings around roll size etc. Other aspects of the business, especially Lollipops, are mature (it probably needs revitalising.) Perhaps, they will get some cost savings synergies from centralising the 80 odd aspects of their business, if that's what they're planning? Either way, that's not something that sets my pulse racing.

Looking at the pricing of established dividend yield stock in the current market, EVOs share price, if it is seen as primarily a future dividend play , looks like it has more downside risk yet. Nothing is the report suggests they are chasing growth.
    Welcome to the forum Hectorplains.

We can't use FY15 earnings (giving pe=23) as a indicator of value. This is because they are trading for only 3 months for FY15. FY16 is a far better measure. This would give you a pe=10. I would argue that EVO is one of the few bargains left on the NZX.

Their main risk is their short trading history and ability for management to execute without a track record. To date, they have exceeded all their PFI metrics.

I own EVO.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post

I have to disagree. They've stated that acquisition and expansion is firmly on their minds (as stated in the quarterly report they continue to acquire centers ) and even with these acquisitions they'll only occupy approx. 5% of the total eec's in NZ. I thought they were reasonable with their IPO price and have them 10-15% underpriced. It'll be interesting to see how it all goes but I do like the prospects.