sharetrader
Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    Balancing multiple interests is part of any business. The listed retirement sector does well enough, you could use the same quote and just replace parents of the kids with kids of the parents....
    Exactly............

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    Balancing multiple interests is part of any business. The listed retirement sector does well enough, you could use the same quote and just replace parents of the kids with kids of the parents....
    Except that EVO does not have any occupation rights to resell over and over again.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Except that EVO does not have any occupation rights to resell over and over again.
    Pity.............

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Exactly. Increasing labor costs will hit this sector too in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Exactly. Increasing labor costs will hit this sector too in my opinion.
    With growing demand for child care I think the sector will cope OK.
    Will not slow down the sector's growth.
    Something I have noticed is the demise of Bowling clubs,Golf clubs, Rose Societies, and the likes.
    Wonder if the grand parents are spending more time minding the grand children,or are oldies to busy touring,[or still working]..?
    Last edited by percy; 15-05-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With growing demand for child care I think the sector will cope OK.
    Will not slow down the sector's growth.
    Something I have noticed is the demise of Bowling clubs,Golf clubs, Rose Societies, and the likes.
    Wonder if the grand parents are spending more time minding the grand children,or are oldies to busy touring,[or still working]..?
    In very recent years, sadly there has been a massive increase in the number of grandparents needing to parent grandchildren full time due to the enormous growth in the numbers of young people using methamphetamine and becoming so addicted they cannot raise their own children.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    In very recent years, sadly there has been a massive increase in the number of grandparents needing to parent grandchildren full time due to the enormous growth in the numbers of young people using methamphetamine and becoming so addicted they cannot raise their own children.
    Yes unfortunately.
    A friend of mine in the police force, told me if an addict's house was on fire,and his wife and children were in the house,the P addict would try and save his stash first.
    I try on ST to save posters losing capital,when I can,but seeing young people losing their way with drugs deeply saddens me.
    Visiting schools and seeing so many happy,bright, young kids with so much energy, does give me hope for the future.
    [ps also knowing they will enjoy the fantastic books I have sold into their library]
    Last edited by percy; 15-05-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Advanced Member

If they reduce someone else is buying aren't they? QUOTE=Roger;666124]Exactly. Increasing labor costs will hit this sector too in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Guru

Lightbulb Something go wrong?

https://nzx.com/files/attachments/258548.pdf

I thought Evolve was a growth company?
    You know its not great when they talk about how revenue increased 10% but very little mention of how last years profit compares to this years... which was only up 1.5%
    (EPS has "jumped" from 8.8 cps to 8.9 cps)
    Surely I'm not reading this right?

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://nzx.com/files/attachments/258548.pdf

I thought Evolve was a growth company?
    You know its not great when they talk about how revenue increased 10% but very little mention of how last years profit compares to this years... which was only up 1.5%
    (EPS has "jumped" from 8.8 cps to 8.9 cps)
    Surely I'm not reading this right?
    I think you have read it right

Of the $14.0m increase in revenues only a miserable $0.2m flowed through to the bottom line

But t_j no need to despair - it'll all come right one day

Divie up though - did you miss that in the headline
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”