How appropriate that your avatar is Satan..LOL (in a hearty and slightly bemused manner, of course) From the medieval story of Faust who made a pact with the devil promising worldly goods and riches in return for signing away his soul. That's a huge leap to maintain that "most people cannot get rich without borrowing". Whatever happened to get well educated/trained and work hard?. Oh no, no no that is just so old hat...surely its so much easier just to borrow? However glad that you have outgrown your earlier position...you must be over 30 now
Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
I think for most people, you cannot get rich without borrowing. Most of us initially borrow for property and get ahead that way as there is probably less volatility in property and you are less likely to end up jumping out the 8th floor window in despair when everything goes South. I've bought shares effectively on debt using property as collateral, when the opportunity was too good to miss, but don't need or want to now. I wouldn't borrow anything I couldn't easily afford to lose.