sharetrader
Page 406 of 465 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by johna View Post
    Have been getting a lot errors when I try to confirm loans. Tells me it's not my fault and retry in a few minutes. Mostly it seems to fail for ages, although this morning the retry worked ok. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I get this an awful lot and always have. I think maybe it's to do with lots of users trying to buy at the same time. I just keep retrying without waiting and it usually comes right in 2 or 3 goes.

Platform RAR at 9.66%, the lowest I've seen it.. Any guesses as to where it might settle?

PlatformRAR.PNG

Attachment 10203

Good to see the data is throughly vetted as usual. But still almost fully funded already.

$2,000 in interest received reached today!! Really happy with the returns so far, long may it continue....

Date of first investment = 5 January 2018
    Total Loans invested in = 795
    Average amount invested per loan = $33.18
    Average age of loan in portfolio (current status) = 167 days
    Average weighted interest (current status) = 21.23%

RAR (as at 8 Dec) = 15.13%
    XIRR (as at 20 Dec) = 12.06% (writing off any loans in arrears for 60+ days)

Loan Book:
    A = 14 Loans (15 Notes)
    B = 180 Loans (243 Notes)
    C = 271 Loans (357 Notes)
    D = 262 Loans (352 Notes)
    E = 62 Loans (82 Notes)
    F = 6 Loans (6 Notes)

What are some of the things others track/measure on their portfolios?
    Anyone else out there game to post their results, it's been a while!!
    Have many changed their investment strategy since Myles' report?

Account Position.jpg

Attachment 10209

RAR.jpg

Your RAR will probably drop a little as it matures. I seem to be steady at around 13% with a mix of A to D's based on filters but I seldom read the stories as I rely on diversification mostly. I have been in more or less from the start of Harmoney.

Your RAR will probably drop a little as it matures. I seem to be steady at around 13% with a mix of A to D's based on filters but I seldom read the stories as I rely on diversification mostly. I have been in more or less from the start of Harmoney. My portfolio would be a little lower risk than yours.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by alundracloud View Post
    Really happy with the returns so far, long may it continue....
    You're doing well alundracloud - watch for an increase in defaults in the next few months, nothing you can do about it, but around the 12 - 16 months in, is the time that defaults *typically* start to bite before they settle. If you look back to the many RAR graphs posted previously, you'll see the *typical* wave pattern where it drops off - *typically* by 1 to 2%.

My interest is now at $37,302.56 after 638 days from starting with $100,000 (give or take a few months to get the money in). But that is with 56 defaults (2.28%).

I've started tracking a few additional bits of data to keep track of my investment - overall summary over the last couple of months:

summary.png

Green line (left axis value) shows the 'cash in' value of my investment (i.e. after fees, defaults, tax).
    Orange line (right axis value) shows the 'chunky' Harmoney RAR calculation.
    Blue line (right axis value) is my XIRR calculation for entire period - fairly stable for me now.

My favourite, and simple graph is this one (not so simple to calculate):

crar_bar.png
    which shows my current loans calculated rate of annual return (after fees, defaults, tax). Note that this is for my investment method/style and won't be the same for someone else. (I have a couple of A's and some crazy returning F's, greater than 26%, but I don't show those since there are too few to be meaningful.)

I take D's and low E's when I can, but I'm up to $7,385 available cash at the moment being extra picky on loans this time of year and finding the usual Christmas lull of good loans a problem

I tweaked a few things after WE​ collected that data-set, but overall haven't made too many major changes.

At this time of year arrears will likely sky rocket (not seen it yet), but they should come down again once people come back from holiday and start earning $ and normality sets in...

Guru

[QUOTE=alundracloud;741932]$2,000 in interest received reached today!! Really happy with the returns so far, long may it continue....

Date of first investment = 5 January 2018
    Total Loans invested in = 795
    Average amount invested per loan = $33.18
    Average age of loan in portfolio (current status) = 167 days
    Average weighted interest (current status) = 21.23%

RAR (as at 8 Dec) = 15.13%
    XIRR (as at 20 Dec) = 12.06% (writing off any loans in arrears for 60+ days)

Loan Book:
    [
    /QUOTE]
    Are you a retail investor and are you able to deduct charge-offs for tax purposes? Once the charge offs kick in (and I think the average charge-off rate is 22% of gross interest) this is an important factor as the incidence of tax on your Harmoney-supplied RAR may well be greater than 33%. There has been no guidance for retail P2P investors. So the “in business” test is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Are you a retail investor and are you able to deduct charge-offs for tax purposes? Once the charge offs kick in (and I think the average charge-off rate is 22% of gross interest) this is an important factor as the incidence of tax on your Harmoney-supplied RAR may well be greater than 33%. There has been no guidance for retail P2P investors. So the “in business” test is relevant.
    Hi Bjauck,
    Yes I'm a 'cash-basis' retail investor, and will deduct charge-offs and fees paid as a tax deductible expense.

I invest through an NZ Limited Liability Company.

yeah, nah

It might pay to check your filters. I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect a couple of check boxes have dropped off my filter. On occasion I have seen values with [Object] in them instead of the correct value - likely cause is a change in the background. Nothing sinister for the tin foil hat brigade, just some tinkering in the background I suspect. Probably a good idea to review them once in a while anyways...