sharetrader
Page 270 of 465 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Default RAR and Payment Protect

I remember reading somewhere that Harmoney intends to adjust the RAR to take into account Payment Protect which increases your Outstanding Principal. If they do, it will bump the RAR by about 1% to 1.5%.

At the moment RAR is dropping with the new lower interest rates taking effect - you can see the drop in the Market Stats from early this month. The cynic in me sees HM as trying to present the platform RAR above 10 or 11% as there is a possibility that it could drop below 10% otherwise.

However, even if they do not add the increase principal, the present RAR already reflects the higher repayments to investors due to the increased o/s principal and the slight increase in interest received due to the higher o/s principal. And over time, the total effects of Payment protect will be captured by the present RAR anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Yes, I wonder if there is any investor here who had been in for more than 24 months and with a RAR of 15+%
    Oops sorry my post was a typo.
    I have been investing since October 2015. My Rar is since that date.

Yes, I wonder if there is any investor here who had been in for more than 24 months and with a RAR of 15+%
    I've been in for 18 months, currently 15.59% as reported by Harmoney. I expect it to drop a bit in the next few months as I move further along the default timeline curve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyB View Post
    I've been in for 18 months, currently 15.59% as reported by Harmoney. I expect it to drop a bit in the next few months as I move further along the default timeline curve.
    I am constantly depositing funds into Harmoney each week, My RAR is now fairly stable as the newer loans (with fewer defaults) offset the older loans ( which have more defaults).

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    I am constantly depositing funds into Harmoney each week, My RAR is now fairly stable as the newer loans (with fewer defaults) offset the older loans ( which have more defaults).
    I understand, but my rate of investment has not been constant. I've been ramping up the rate of investment over those 18 months so the later, larger portion of the loans are not yet 12 months old, so I expect defaults to increase.

Default True RAR.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyB View Post
    I understand, but my rate of investment has not been constant. I've been ramping up the rate of investment over those 18 months so the later, larger portion of the loans are not yet 12 months old, so I expect defaults to increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    Yes, all our RARs are affected by new loans and investments. So, someone who had put in all their money at one go at the very beginning and had been taking out all cash as it comes available will probably have a lower RAR. Besides selection of loans and grades, it is very much affected by the timing of our investments - whether we drip feed, ramp up or down or all in one go.

Putting in new money will on one hand raise the RAR as the new loans did not have enough time to go into defaults. On the other hand, it will lower the RAR in the first month of those loans as the interest for those loans have not kick in.

I suppose the real RAR is when we see through all the investments and have zero balance in outstanding loans at the end of 5 or more years having taken out all our cash by then.
    Last edited by Cool Bear; 15-09-2017 at 09:27 AM. Reason: add para on new loans

Investor

Yes, all our RARs are affected by new loans and investments. So, someone who had put in all their money at one go at the very beginning and had been taking out all cash as it comes available will probably have a lower RAR. Besides selection of loans and grades, it is very much affected by the timing of our investments - whether we drip feed, ramp up or down or all in one go.

Putting in new money will on one hand raise the RAR as the new loans did not have enough time to go into defaults. On the other hand, it will lower the RAR in the first month of those loans as the interest for those loans have not kick in.

I suppose the real RAR is when we see through all the investments and have zero balance in outstanding loans at the end of 5 or more years having taken out all our cash by then.
    The RAR calculation is based on outstanding principle so if someone was withdrawing regularly from their account, it would not directly effect their RAR.

"RAR shows returns on money invested, not all funds in your Harmoney account."

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    The RAR calculation is based on outstanding principle so if someone was withdrawing regularly from their account, it would not directly effect their RAR.

"RAR shows returns on money invested, not all funds in your Harmoney account."
    I understand RAR perfectly. My point on that someone taking out money is not that leaving it there affects his/her RAR. It is that he/she do not reinvest into any new loans. You have to read my whole post to get the context.

"So, someone who had put in all their money at one go at the very beginning and had been taking out all cash as it comes available will probably have a lower RAR."

Gotta love some of the comments borrowers put in, hoping it will help them out :

Will definitely help, My car needs a new gear box and at the moment i dont have much money to fund it. So this will definitely help seeing is i need my car for getting to work. I promise once i have the money i will pay my loan off quicker.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by bartholemew View Post
    Gotta love some of the comments borrowers put in, hoping it will help them out :

Will definitely help, My car needs a new gear box and at the moment i dont have much money to fund it. So this will definitely help seeing is i need my car for getting to work. I promise once i have the money i will pay my loan off quicker.
    Probably a 20k+ car "for getting to work"