sharetrader
Page 335 of 465 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post
    How are your defaults looking as a % of interest?
    Still 10%'ish, but I've never seen the point of this comparison. If an investor invests in higher risk loans, this value will be high but the return will also likely be high - an investor who invests in low risk loans should have a low value, but a corresponding low return...e.g. if an investor only invested in loans with interest rates of say 30% and had a default to interest % of 30%, they would be doing very well. It's not a comparative value.

I think the Harmoney team have all wandered of skiing for a few days and everything will be back to normal soon........

Check out the platform stats for auto lend volume.

Last couple of days it was only 3k and 1k each day. Compare that to a few months back when it was 50k to 100k per day.

There's something seriously wrong at Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Still 10%'ish, but I've never seen the point of this comparison. If an investor invests in higher risk loans, this value will be high but the return will also likely be high - an investor who invests in low risk loans should have a low value, but a corresponding low return...e.g. if an investor only invested in loans with interest rates of say 30% and had a default to interest % of 30%, they would be doing very well. It's not a comparative value.

I think the Harmoney team have all wandered of skiing for a few days and everything will be back to normal soon........
    Yes, and similarly RAR can only be reasonably compared when you allow for the grade mix. Same with shares and gearing.
    It's a holiday weekend so low listings to be expected but we do need clarification of the existence or otherwise of a parallel market.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Yes, and similarly RAR can only be reasonably compared when you allow for the grade mix. Same with shares and gearing.
    It's a holiday weekend so low listings to be expected but we do need clarification of the existence or otherwise of a parallel market.
    I think it fairly clear that Harmoney itself is just another wholesale investor. What I want clarified is why the retail volume has dropped, and when its expected to return to normal volumes. If this a couple of weeks of slow retail loans because harmoney has injected ~$8m of capital into the market that is fine, but if this is because of a lack of overall loan applications being received/approved I need to set up auto-withdraw and find a new home for my money.

I assumed "Fully funded loan amount" includes wholesale and retail ie it's the whole market. If so, the reduction in this amount wouldn't be explained by Harmoney's participation which just reduces retail market share.

2018-05-30
    Funded Amount:1160400
    Total Amount:1321800
    Unfunded Loans:3
    Part Funded Loans:0
    Fully Funded Loans:45
    Total Loans:48
    2018-05-31
    Funded Amount:873000
    Total Amount:995600
    Unfunded Loans:4
    Fully Funded Loans:39
    Total Loans:43
    2018-06-01
    Funded Amount:606400
    Total Amount:694750
    Unfunded Loans:6
    Fully Funded Loans:30
    Total Loans:36
    2018-06-02
    Funded Amount:70550
    Total Amount:266675
    Unfunded Loans:7
    Fully Funded Loans:5
    Total Loans:12
    2018-06-03
    Funded Amount:10450
    Total Amount:223525
    Unfunded Loans:6
    Fully Funded Loans:1
    Total Loans:7
    2018-06-04
    Funded Amount:5450
    Total Amount:881575
    Unfunded Loans:31
    Fully Funded Loans:1
    Total Loans:32

The last 6 days brought to you by the API.
    So the loan volume is still there we retail lenders just don't get to see them.
    It also seems that of almost none of today's loans were released onto the marketplace.
    Last edited by slingy; 05-06-2018 at 01:44 AM. Reason: UTC

Quote Originally Posted by slingy View Post
    So the loan volume is still there we retail lenders just don't get to see them.
    It also seems that of almost none of today's loans were released onto the marketplace.
    Still a P2P?

Funding mix graph (which has monthly data points) hasn't been updated since October 2017.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Disagree, RAR allows comparison of portfolios and the various strategies used. It is a comparable value as it takes into account the whole investment - its one failing is that it only looks at current loans.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    Still a P2P?
    Good question. This plus The absence of an official tax ruling (or application for one) in relation to both lender fees and charge-offs for the small retail class of investor/lenders would indicate to me that they are more interested in the wholesale and “in business” lender side of “peers”.