sharetrader
Page 411 of 465 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Default Harmoney seems to have adjusted the platform RARs upwards.

For many months, I remember the platform RAR as below 10. From my records (I take a snapshot of my dashboard every month) the platform RAR was 9.98% at 31 May 2018 and had been dropping since then to as low as 9.72 at the end of 2018. Suddenly it is now above 10. Looking at the graph in Market Stats, the platform RAR (in the present graph) had stayed above 10% throughout. So the line had been moved up the last few days!! Occasionally, I also record down the Retail RAR and it seems the graph had been changed as well for the Retail RAR. Wonder what is the rationale for them tweaking it.

I suggest the RAR adjustment is just another techo meddle and investors will not be informed as to why the platform RAR has risen but individual investor RARs haven't - no different to changing the platform so it doesn't support IE, but not bothering to tell those using it. It's not as though Harmoney have a track record of good communication and retail investor service and while it seems their business is still loss making we aren't going to see investment in doing more than is deemed essential..

Is it that payment protect is now in the RAR? My RAR suddenly jumped 10 pips.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    So, this morning I received an email informing me that Harmoney's platform is no longer compatible with Internet Explorer. No explanation, no notice to investors - just a finger to the peers in P2P?
    Internet Explorer is not recommended for use by Microsoft. "It's not a browser, it's a compatibility solution".

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/8/18...ility-solution

Banned

Default Delayed Payments

I had 20+ loans due on the 4th and 5th of Feb, to date only one has been paid. I've had payments late in the past but not this many and not this long past expected.

As a side note the one loan payment that has been made now has a N/A under "payment due".

Can anyone shed some light?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    I had 20+ loans due on the 4th and 5th of Feb, to date only one has been paid. I've had payments late in the past but not this many and not this long past expected.

As a side note the one loan payment that has been made now has a N/A under "payment due".

Can anyone shed some light?
    The chap who banks the funds against the loans must have been on AL - got a big slab of repayments a few hours back.

Quality and number of loans still s#!t

[QUOTE=Quality and number of loans still s#!t[/QUOTE]
    No argument there. I'm sitting on 13.5% cash and taken only one loan this month.

Default Which peers are being serviced by Harmoney?

No argument there. I'm sitting on 13.5% cash and taken only one loan this month.
    If retail lenders are being sidetracked for the benefit of wholesalers, perhaps it is time someone checked whether they are still functioning under an appropriate license.

Trouble is, Beacon, that none of us are likely to get returns as good as these on the sums we have in Harmoney. There are many things I don't like about Harmoney's systems, behaviours, practices, but every time I feel disgruntled enough to ring the FMA, I rethink as I don't want to kill the golden goose.

Default Who are the core clients of a P2P business?

Trouble is, Beacon, that none of us are likely to get returns as good as these on the sums we have in Harmoney. There are many things I don't like about Harmoney's systems, behaviours, practices, but every time I feel disgruntled enough to ring the FMA, I rethink as I don't want to kill the golden goose.
    Fair point BJ1, but returns have been good in a goldilocks economy. Harmoney hasn't been tested by a recession yet, and losses are already 4-5% of issued capital - chewing through roughly a quarter of gross income in golden times.

That works for the wholesalers, as they have this income hasslefree and without associated variable and fixed costs of bricks and mortar lending shops.

Meanwhile, the retail peer waits all day to get a measly fill of orders, if they have indeed been diverted to wholesale. Seems the golden goose has gotten too comfortable laying skinnier eggs for its core clientele.