sharetrader
Page 425 of 465 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

I graphed the the principal value of my account vs. time, to try and visualize the slow-down of my portfolio..

PV.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alundracloud View Post
    I graphed the the principal value of my account vs. time, to try and visualize the slow-down of my portfolio..

PV.jpg
    I think it's time to accept that it's effectively over for P2P retail investment in NZ. Repayments greatly exceed listings, autolend yields so few loans and manual checking is a time waster.

yeah, nah

outprinc.png
    Comparative chart - have been able to make a little headway in recent days, but it is a hard slog.

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    outprinc.png
    Comparative chart - have been able to make a little headway in recent days, but it is a hard slog.
    Have you had to loosen up on your investment criteria or increase how many notes you'll buy per loan (or both) to achieve such a result?

I was having a play around with some of the data that Harmoney provide on their marketplace statistics, just as a sort of matter of interest, and I figured I'd share here in case you were interested

In particular, I was looking at the RAR values provided. At this website: https://app.harmoney.com/api/v1/publ...rar-loan-count is a whole bunch of data that they use to generate one of the graphs. The first thing I did was delete any datapoints that had less than 100 loans, which left me with 4,249 datapoints left. Then I calculated how many customers (and what %) had an RAR of above the values in 'column F'.

e.g. 200 customers out of 4,249 have an RAR of above 15.5%

RARs.PNG

yeah, nah

Have you had to loosen up on your investment criteria or increase how many notes you'll buy per loan (or both) to achieve such a result?
    No to a change in number of notes - I made that change last year.
    Yes to a change in investment criteria - dropped from taking a lowest grade of B5 down to B2.

I'm not sure that change has made all of the difference, but certainly some of it.

yeah, nah

I was having a play around with some of the data that Harmoney provide on their marketplace statistics, just as a sort of matter of interest, and I figured I'd share here in case you were interested

I think you've got to be a bit careful making assumptions from this level of data. Just skimming the actual values, it looks like large investors (i.e. more loans), typically have a significantly higher RAR than those with fewer loans.

Probably because large investors have a better understanding of which are the better loans, and possibly because they are less risk averse.

Smaller investors, possibly more risk averse, selecting lower grade loans - so lower RAR. More of these smaller investors pushing the mean well down from actual?

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    outprinc.png
    Interesting but I have a bigger portfolio and not enough loans available to replace repayments. I have considered reducing diversification but don't feel comfortable that I could achieve enough quickly enough to grow my portfolio that way. I have also lost a little confidence in Harmoney to be brutally honest.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    I have also lost a little confidence in Harmoney to be brutally honest.
    Agree. Since I started investing with Harmoney I've been 'astounded' at their complete lack of communication with Investors. I think in the early days they did, even had some staff posting here. It really comes down to blind faith, which is now waning for most.

A few 'lender' based posts on their blog, here or even Facebook, would be beneficial:
    • when/why changes are made
    • some detail of the current poor loan supply
    • will poor loan supply continue/improve
    • future 'planned' changes
    • anything really

I think that if someone was able to get into the data it might be found that Harmoney was losing far more than its shareholders wanted, in just running the platform, so the decision was taken to manage that loss by investing in its own right, using BNZ funding, and to heck with the impact on the actual Peers in the P2P concept. If that is so, then our exposures are going to trend to zero, while our arrears will trend higher (as I have noticed in recent months).