sharetrader
Page 426 of 465 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    I think that if someone was able to get into the data it might be found that Harmoney was losing far more than its shareholders wanted, in just running the platform, so the decision was taken to manage that loss by investing in its own right, using BNZ funding, and to heck with the impact on the actual Peers in the P2P concept. If that is so, then our exposures are going to trend to zero, while our arrears will trend higher (as I have noticed in recent months).
    You've hit the nail on the head BJ1 (in my opinion). That does at least appear what's happening. Though as Myles rightly points out, the communication has been nil.

Tend to agree, and why wouldn't shareholders run the business in their interests?! Cash level is getting ridiculous but I have decided to give it a little longer and have upped the investment per loan and dropped a little further into the A zone. I will feel a whole lot more comfortable when I have a few hundred loans at the new level!

yeah, nah

More competition for P2P platforms:

Fintechs plotting a revolution in SME lending

Prospa already up and running by the looks - not sure what sort of interest rates they offer (dependant on the business, time in business etc.).

Harbour Asset Management has been investing in Harmoney loans
    http://investmentnews.co.nz/investme...an-disclosure/

Quote Originally Posted by Wsp View Post
    Harbour Asset Management has been investing in Harmoney loans
    http://investmentnews.co.nz/investme...an-disclosure/
    Brown said the fund currently held about $600,000 in roughly 200 underlying Harmoney loans - means an average to $3000 per loan. I wonder if they're buying on the retail platform or if they're getting special access as an institution and beating the rest of us to the loans?

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Brown said the fund currently held about $600,000 in roughly 200 underlying Harmoney loans - means an average to $3000 per loan. I wonder if they're buying on the retail platform or if they're getting special access as an institution and beating the rest of us to the loans?
    I was told recently that $2m was the minimum for wholesale but that they are not taking any more applications. Zip chance on either score!

Massive cock-up on my part yesterday. I had just bought a loan on Lending Crowd. I then went on to Harmoney and placed an order with the dollar amount not units! Something made me go back and check a little later but it was too late! Just raised my amount per loan too!

Another 10% of my portfolio turned to cash since last month and not a loan seen which meets my longstanding (3 year) set of criteria. Someone is getting to cherry pick before us.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    Another 10% of my portfolio turned to cash since last month and not a loan seen which meets my longstanding (3 year) set of criteria. Someone is getting to cherry pick before us.
    I think Harmoney have been gradually squeezing out Retail peers on the lender side. Retail investors are a nuisance and less profitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think Harmoney have been gradually squeezing out Retail peers on the lender side. Retail investors are a nuisance and less profitable?
    I know the Harmoney ads I'm being served up on various platforms aren't making any mention of P2P.

I also liked this bit from the http://investmentnews.co.nz/investme...an-disclosure/ article:

"Brown said Harbour also did extensive due diligence on Harmoney before embarking on the peer-to-peer loans including a review of the platform’s credit ranking system and client servicing practices.

“We looked at a couple of other peer-to-peer platforms but Harmoney was the only one with critical mass and a reasonable historical record,” he said. “As investors you want to know the platform will be there in five years time.”"

Ironic much?

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Massive cock-up on my part yesterday. I had just bought a loan on Lending Crowd. I then went on to Harmoney and placed an order with the dollar amount not units! Something made me go back and check a little later but it was too late! Just raised my amount per loan too!
    I hope it was a good loan I did a similar thing early last year, I punched in 50 (for $50) and ended up with $1,250 - that loan is still going strong and earning 20.49% (Interest + principal has paid back half of it since January last year!)
    Last edited by myles; 16-04-2019 at 11:27 AM.