sharetrader
Page 348 of 465 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by XxOrooxX View Post
    Tax season friends. I've been looking over investor as a business IRD paper to determine if I was in the business of investing. Just wondering if anyone had come across anything useful in assessing whether or not you can claim loan defaults. Anyone want to share their experience? I've begun migrating all of my funds out of harmoney to more tax efficient vehicles.
    What sort of more efficient tax vehicles are you looking at moving into?

Exchanged traded funds or shares really. I don't believe there's capital gains tax in NZ.

There actually is a capital gains tax - any investment acquired with the intent to sell it at a profit is a taxable investment. That applies to widgets, shares and property. IRD doesn't enforce the law, perhaps because it is thought to be hard to prove intent. All it needs is a change in Ministerial guts to backdate application up to 10 years.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by XxOrooxX View Post
    Exchanged traded funds or shares really. I don't believe there's capital gains tax in NZ.
    You should know the tax situation, not believe in what you think.

yeah, nah

Looks like things are picking up today - 14 loans $327,600 and a spike up on the auto-lend graph.

The snow holiday might be over...

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Looks like things are picking up today - 14 loans $327,600 and a spike up on the auto-lend graph.

I got my first Auto lends in over a month and a half today, Unfortunately It invested 4 notes in a loan that while it matched my auto lend criteria had I been manually investing I would not have invested anything. But at the same time only invested 1 note in a loan that matched my auto lend critea and I would also have happily manually invested in

$222,275 lent by Auto-lend yesterday. Stands out as a massive skyscraper on the auto-lend graph, almost doubles the 'spike' on the 27th

yeah, nah

Default 100K to 200K...

From 100K to 200K.png

After around 15 months I've invested 200K for an investment of 100K... It certainly isn't - invest and forget

From 100K to 200K.png

After around 15 months I've invested 200K for an investment of 100K... It certainly isn't - invest and forget
    I've invested 2.68 x more / had a turnover 2.68 x higher then the maximum I have had invested thats over a period of 3.5 years - So its far from set and forget - especially since I have only had auto invest make an investment twice in the last 3+ months - Its taking everything I can to just reinvest to hold a particular balance invested, I certainly could not increase the amount invested even if I wanted to. But given my lending crowd return is now higher then harmoney there is no real reason to increase the total amount invested with harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    But given my lending crowd return is now higher then harmoney there is no real reason to increase the total amount invested with harmoney
    Mine is about to converge as Harmoney drops (14.36% in LC vs 14.53). I'm pulling all my money from Harmoney at the moment. Can't get above $25k in LC, though, as there's not enough volume putting $200 in per B1 or B2 (when you can get them)