sharetrader
Page 409 of 465 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

I have not been following this thread for a while so apologies if this query has recently been discussed.

Is there anyone here who predominately relies on auto-invest to make their investments for them? If so, what percentage of your account do you always need to leave uninvested so you trigger the auto-invest.

I have always had auto invest turned on, but it is rare that I have an auto-investment made even though the criteria loaded is not restrictive - any B,C or D loan. No other restrictions. I usually manage to keep my uninvested funds under $1k out of $70k, but it is time consuming. Wondering whether it would be worth earning no income on a small amount if it would mean a lot of the work could be done automatically.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I have not been following this thread for a while so apologies if this query has recently been discussed.

Is there anyone here who predominately relies on auto-invest to make their investments for them? If so, what percentage of your account do you always need to leave uninvested so you trigger the auto-invest.

I have always had auto invest turned on, but it is rare that I have an auto-investment made even though the criteria loaded is not restrictive - any B,C or D loan. No other restrictions. I usually manage to keep my uninvested funds under $1k out of $70k, but it is time consuming. Wondering whether it would be worth earning no income on a small amount if it would mean a lot of the work could be done automatically.

I've been in for about 3 years and just with varying amounts, just deposited another $5k about 2 weeks ago and auto lend has been distributing it at about $800 a week. Before that I would just manually do the interest and re-writes, balance was always around $1k, seemed like then auto lend was doing jack shiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post

I just went away for a long break (6 weeks) with auto invest on and came back to about 8% of my portfolio uninvested. I think if you relied solely on auto invest your cash would grow and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    I just went away for a long break (6 weeks) with auto invest on and came back to about 8% of my portfolio uninvested. I think if you relied solely on auto invest your cash would grow and grow.
    Did you get many / any loans during that time? With 2-4% uninvested I have received pretty much no loans via autoinvest in the last 6+ months

Thanks for your replies. Looks like I can't rely on auto-invest to do the donkey work for me then - pity because it would make the system a whole lot more user friendly.

I've become pretty disillusioned with Harmoney over the last few months after a number of years on the platform. I have investments in D,E and F catagories and a RAR of 13.7 odd but have been winding down due to the lack on retail loans listed.

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Did you get many / any loans during that time? With 2-4% uninvested I have received pretty much no loans via autoinvest in the last 6+ months
    I did get some but uninvested cash doubled or tripled over that time. P2P has such potential if only the environment was right for them to flourish.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    have been winding down due to the lack on retail loans listed.
    It has been tough this Christmas period (3 - 4 months) to keep $'s in. I've slipped out to a little over $14,000 in available funds from a total principal of around $130,000. Will consider putting $'s elsewhere next Christmas as that's a fair amount not to be earning something (tough to find something that works for short term though, other than a bank with next to no return anyway.).

In less then 2 years I've received over $40,000 in interest (on $100K) - very few other investments out there with that type of return, so I'm more than happy. Just hope some advertising kicks off soon and loan numbers increase again.

You could try investing on Squirrel. There is a secondary market (NB - haven't used SMs secondary market)

Have been away approx 2 months, and slipped around 10k (20% of portfolio).

Over the last week have seen very few loans, and most of those I wouldn't touch.

However looking at the platform stats, there were 353 loans on the week of the 20th and 358 on 27th. Which suggests HM is booming! (The 2018 average was 250 loans per week).

Perhaps HM have adjusted their retail vs institutional allocations in the institutions favor? But the "Retail vs Instutional Funding Mix" chart has not been updated since November....