sharetrader
Page 291 of 292 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4372

Thread: Harmoney

  1. #4351
    yeah, nah
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Simple, I have around $130K invested in Harmoney at the moment (details outlined if you go back through this thread).

    You have to keep on top of it to keep that amount invested, however there are just enough loans that meet my fairly strict parameters to stay invested. Note that I'm investing around $200 per loan (not the best option if you are investing only a small amount since you want good diversification - however for $100K, IMO, there is no problem with this amount).

    My RAR is slowly climbing due to better investment choices, now at just over 16%. My calculated return (XIRR) is currently 14.7% after tax (minimum tax rate of 10.5% though), a little better after claiming deductions.

    To get this sort of return you need to be investing in C's, D's and E's. From my loans, D's and lower E's are by far the best performers (interest vs defaults), but that is dependant on loan selection and potential risk with these loans.

    Harmony's current adverts (TV) are again stating P2P lending, which in my opinion is what Harmoney loans are. I don't believe they are getting out of P2P lending, they are making good money out of it, however, this type of lending/investing is now available on a number of platforms, so has become harder to attract the volume of loans that were experienced in the past. Harmoney themselves have diversified into Australia and other forms of lending so perhaps are a little less focused on this platform, but I personally don't see them getting out any time soon.

    IMO, Harmony offers the best platform for usability, details on loans, details on investment etc.

    If you want an invest and forget type experience you could try Zagga, but returns are significantly lower.

  2. #4352
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    367

    Default Set and forget

    Quote Originally Posted by simplesimplesimple View Post
    Hi all - I've been watching this thread for a while. Thanks for all the information...

    Do people still feel it's worthwhile investing here, or Lending Crowd, or...?

    I am not clear how much time would be involved to keep $100K employed in not-crazy-risk loans, and whether I'd be likely to receive a return in excess of 10%.

    Thanks for any help!
    Simple
    Hi Simple

    I invest in Harmoney on behalf of some friends and family members via 2 companies.

    If my target is 10% before tax and I do not want to spend too much time, it is actually very easy. I will just put the 100k into Harmoney (in one lump sum) and set autoloan to take up every loan at say $50 or $100 per loan. My RAR will definitely be more than 10%, and may even be higher than Harmoney's average of 12+% for retail. And that is after accounting for fees and writeoffs - which could be about 20+% of your gross interest. My gross interest before any deductions would likely to be between 14 to 20%.

    My actual returns (net interest) before tax will be about 10% less than my RAR because of the cash sitting idle in Harmoney waiting for the autolending but the end result should still be over my target of 10%.

    The above is both from experience and from Harmoney published stats - https://www.harmoney.co.nz/investors...060.1490774573.

    So, almost set and forget.

    ps.. to cover my ass, please note that I am in no position to give financial advice and the above is an opinion only and cannot be taken to be financial advice in any manner or form
    Last edited by Cool Bear; 28-08-2019 at 10:19 AM. Reason: chnage of pronouns

  3. #4353
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Hi Simple

    I invest in Harmoney on behalf of some friends and family members via 2 companies.

    If my target is 10% before tax and I do not want to spend too much time, it is actually very easy. I will just put the 100k into Harmoney (in one lump sum) and set autoloan to take up every loan at say $50 or $100 per loan. My RAR will definitely be more than 10%, and may even be higher than Harmoney's average of 12+% for retail. And that is after accounting for fees and writeoffs - which could be about 20+% of your gross interest. My gross interest before any deductions would likely to be between 14 to 20%.

    My actual returns (net interest) before tax will be about 10% less than my RAR because of the cash sitting idle in Harmoney waiting for the autolending but the end result should still be over my target of 10%.

    The above is both from experience and from Harmoney published stats - https://www.harmoney.co.nz/investors...060.1490774573.

    So, almost set and forget.

    ps.. to cover my ass, please note that I am in no position to give financial advice and the above is an opinion only and cannot be taken to be financial advice in any manner or form
    Ha, but I tend to agree!

    My reinvestment rate scales to approx $140 per loan on a $100k portfolio and I find that I am now stable with autolend and quite strict filters.

  4. #4354
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Top insights for Simple guys!

    Am in the active camp like Myles, slogging away, but returns not as good as his - 15% RAR

    Coolbear OOI how much cash do you have sitting idle to trigger Autolend to pickup most loans? I have a 1-3k float idle on 70k and only get the rubbish.

  5. #4355
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post
    Top insights for Simple guys!

    Am in the active camp like Myles, slogging away, but returns not as good as his - 15% RAR

    Coolbear OOI how much cash do you have sitting idle to trigger Autolend to pickup most loans? I have a 1-3k float idle on 70k and only get the rubbish.
    I have too much sitting in cash. With bank rates (eg ANZ Call account) at just 0.1%, I tend to leave the cash there unless the companies need it to pay some other commitments. As a percentage of outstanding loans, cash balance is usually a very high 10+%. Too b#@# high!!

  6. #4356
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    I have too much sitting in cash. With bank rates (eg ANZ Call account) at just 0.1%, I tend to leave the cash there unless the companies need it to pay some other commitments. As a percentage of outstanding loans, cash balance is usually a very high 10+%. Too b#@# high!!
    I getcha anything better then sitting in the bank!

    Some general advice to newbies... don't mix active invest and passive without a decent filter - else you'll autoloan the dregs

  7. #4357
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated. Might give it a crack soon. Thanks again

  8. #4358
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Wow!! What's happened here? Platform RAR is 16.11% all driven by a huge jump in institutional investor returns...

    RAR.jpg

    Graph.jpg

  9. #4359
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Wow!! What's happened here? Platform RAR is 16.11% all driven by a huge jump in institutional investor returns...

    RAR.jpg

    Graph.jpg
    Weird! Maybe it represents Harmoney's own investing with no fees?

  10. #4360
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default

    No, looks like they have finally thrown all retail investors out with the bathwater and institutional investors are now able to cherry pick their loans

  11. #4361
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Given the time line from 2014 the graph depicts an impossible situation. It's rubbish.

  12. #4362
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    Given the time line from 2014 the graph depicts an impossible situation. It's rubbish.
    this.

    False data, am sure will be fixed shortly

  13. #4363
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Agree, it would take a massive volume to shift the historical measure that much. Beggars belief that such a graph could be published without someone thinking it's either wrong or requires explanation!

  14. #4364
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    120

    Default

    And today the RAR graph is fixed.. or the fix is in.. depending on how much of a conspiracy theory fan you are...

  15. #4365
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Has anybody else noticed that we no longer have charged off loans, we have 'debt sold' loans? Still has the same effect on my 'net charged off principal' but obviously a better result for Harmoney.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •