sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    they are claimable, Like I have said, I have checked with the IRD, you guys should check for yourself though.

and I did ask harmoney this, but they just gave some generic stupid answer...
    Thanks for the communication with Harmoney.
    I agree that fees should be deductible for all. It would be great for a clear public statement from the IRD and Harmoney on that point.

If lender fees are claimable by all, then Harmoney and IRD should state that fact definitively and arrange for RWT to be deducted on the Gross interest less fees basis. I have seen no reports that either have made definitive statements. As I am a small retail investor, I would be in the category of investor that would be least likely of all investors to be able to claim fees. I feel prudence would suggest not being able to claim even Harmoney fees let alone charge-offs.

I am still awaiting official guidance to the effect that, as there is considerable work (more than with a term deposit for example) involved with a Harmoney investment for even a small retail investor, the net blended return is all that is taxable. That has not been forthcoming, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-03-2018 at 08:15 PM.