sharetrader
Page 414 of 465 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

yeah, nah

Thanks CB, much appreciated. Certainly sounds less time consuming/stressful than other P2P models.

Is the low volume of retail loans on Harmoney typical of this time of year, or is this much slower than normal? I've been sort of busy at work, so haven't been able to reinvest much, since everytime I check there are either no loans, or only rubbish I wouldn't go near.

I don't even bother with Harmoney anymore, seems like all the good loans are being diverted to the wholesale market.

Default definately reduction in loans

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    Is the low volume of retail loans on Harmoney typical of this time of year, or is this much slower than normal? I've been sort of busy at work, so haven't been able to reinvest much, since everytime I check there are either no loans, or only rubbish I wouldn't go near.
    It is very much reduced.

The number of loans I invested in for one of my pooled fund:
    Jan2018 520 loans vs Jan2019 79 loans
    Feb2018 408 loans vs Feb2019 54 loans

Been with Harmoney since the beginning but now had enough. The effort not worth it now but it has provided a nice supplement to bank term deposits over the time. In full withdrawal mode now for the last 6 weeks.
    Doing the same at Lending Crowd.
    Soolaimon

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    Been with Harmoney since the beginning but now had enough. The effort not worth it now but it has provided a nice supplement to bank term deposits over the time. In full withdrawal mode now for the last 6 weeks.
    Doing the same at Lending Crowd.
    Hey @ Soolaimon > So what is your next investment strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Hey @ Soolaimon > So what is your next investment strategy?
    I have been at it for more than 50 years now, shares, bonds, cfds, options and P2P. Now moving to more cash ie. term deposits etc. One gets a little more conservative as one gets longer in the tooth.... and, it will take 5 years to wind up the P2Ps.
    Cheers.
    Soolaimon

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    I have been at it for more than 50 years now, shares, bonds, cfds, options and P2P. Now moving to more cash ie. term deposits etc. One gets a little more conservative as one gets longer in the tooth.... and, it will take 5 years to wind up the P2Ps.
    Cheers.
    Good to hear back from you

Cash at hand, in times like those quite likely coming is a good thing!

This was a great read today > https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...ft-tight-bunch

I still feel P2P Investments will be safe in troubled time because our $$'s have already been spent by the Borrowers - It cannot be stolen or taken by the establishments!

Just arrived in my inbox - a communication from harmony about their joining the investment group, using BNZ money - and we retail investors continue to get what we've always got.

Yeah, right.

yeah, nah

There does now seem to be a real gap between what Harmoney say and what they do

In the last 3 years the Retail:Institutional loan volume split has gone from 70% to 85% in favour of Institutions (note that this is a halving of the retail allocation). This last communication indicates that overall volume has increased - this is clearly not showing as available loans to retail lenders in practice. So where are all the additional loans going? From a retail investors point of view these details don't add up.

It would be good to know how/why Harmoney allocate the split between retail and institutions as part of their "transparency of our platform", which they pride themselves on.

I have noticed a rise in loan volume in the last week or so, but it is a long way from being half of the volume of say 6 months ago - especially if loan volume overall has increased... Is it still just the time of year! (hmm, perhaps that's worth plotting a volume over time graph for)...