Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
No...if there is a possibility of discriminatory behaviour favouring corporate lenders over its retail P2P lenders by a P2P licensed operator shouldn’t it indicate that the P2P regulatory environment is inadequate?

Sure that is what happened in the past in NZ - retail investors have felt that the NZ financial environment operates under the law of the jungle. Hence we end up investing so much in expensive residential real estate instead. Is that the difference between NZ and (other) developed countries? NZ consequently has a smaller percentage of household assets invested in financial investments.
I don't disagree with you in a wider sense. But for Harmoney to be systematically operating two algorithms or manually biffing mis-priced loans to retail would be quite outrageous to me and seems unlikely. Possible I suppose, and maybe they could even justify it with commercial arguments. I would be very interested if others think this is probable. Certainly doesn't give you a warm feeling to know that there is a parallel platform with undisclosed RAR but I haven't visited the disclosures lately so maybe it is covered off somewhere.