Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
data set is really a snapshot in time - as a whole, it can't be built on because it will potentially contain 'stale' loan data. To try to explain: If someone uploads a particular loan that no one else has in the initial data set, and then never uploads again, then that particular loan will just sit with no further detail updated - it will become 'stale' and impact on the data set.

The dates stored with the data i.e. LAST_PAYMENT_DATE, don't allow, with confidence, for these 'stale' records to be removed (they may just be in arrears). ...
I agree. Myles.
Humvee, I think that while more data and more people sharing data is definitely better, Myles probably already has over 75% of the unique loan records in the Harmoney population with his own dataset, yours, mine and InTheRearWithTheGear's. If Cool Bear chooses to share too, I suspect we might end up with over 80% n. No statistician can argue purity of data on those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
the detail of loans that are 'Paid Off', 'Charged Off', 'Debt Sold', will not change and could be built on..
Also agree. These don't become stale - as a final outcome has been already achieved. The only place this gets stuffed is where Harmoney has noted different outcomes in different portfolios for the same LAI. I came across this when we were pooling some Harmoney data earlier.