sharetrader
Page 401 of 465 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    https://www.chrislee.co.nz/taking-stock exhibits negative sentiments too. But we hope Harmoney goes from strength to strength as a P2P and alternative funding source for the community
    Hardly impartial. They won't be getting a single cent of my money!

I recall that Chris Lee brokered investments in questionable finance companies pre the 08 debacle. I think I'll keep my own counsel on what makes a satisfactory investment.

Anyone else has their rar missing from dashboard?

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Anyone else has their rar missing from dashboard?
    Yes. This has happened in the past too

Quite possibly the worst HM loan I've ever seen

Capture.JPG

So much for refinancings requiring a proven payment history. Question is, who has already subscribed 13% to the loan? No wonder the big boys' RAR is trending so poorly, when there is no weeding out of rubbish from entering their portfolio. Will be interesting to watch and see how long this hangs around before it is gulped up because it has sat for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    So much for refinancings requiring a proven payment history. Question is, who has already subscribed 13% to the loan? No wonder the big boys' RAR is trending so poorly, when there is no weeding out of rubbish from entering their portfolio. Will be interesting to watch and see how long this hangs around before it is gulped up because it has sat for so long.
    Loans like this are the reason I keep auto-lend turned OFF! Does make you wonder about the quality of loan applications they reject (~75% of all applications) if this one can make the cut. And only a D5 too?!

And just 26 minutes later it's gone and all the other loans on the board are down to a couple of notes left to go. It's OK to take a portfolio approach in terms of risk/return but some of these loans should fall into the irresponsible lending category - who carries the can if that is determined? Not Harmoney because it isn't the one doing the lending?

Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post

Capture.JPG
    5 defaults by a single 21 year-old living with parents, considered worthy enough to top-up a previous 5-year Harmoney loan by over 50% after having made just one monthly repayment on that previous loan - to refresh him/herself with a much needed holiday he/she had no cash to buy in the first place. Wow! Looks like a G (junk) grade...

Harmoney must know a lot we don't, to entertain this. They could still prevent some avoidable angst and chatter on loan quality, if they added a filter for number of defaults (like others by number of years in residence or job).

Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post

Capture.JPG
    FFS, and my filters didn't catch it! D5?! Maybe there were extenuating circumstances or maybe not! High time we had a filter for defaults.