sharetrader
Page 371 of 465 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post
    Certainly were 41 loans yesterday. Picked up a good deal of those... I'm getting the "RED SCREEN" (coincidently as I type - attached). Think that the red screen indicates a Big Fish (or several biggies) are attempting to buy the loan out in its entirity.

Attachment 9968
    I'm happier with increased volume too, regardless of how many or few I choose to finally invest in.
    I think this error comes when system is updating your account leesal, with interest or repayments etc., but I think the loan gobbling activity by whales is under check at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    I'm happier with increased volume too, regardless of how many or few I choose to finally invest in.
    I think this error comes when system is updating your account leesal, with interest or repayments etc., but I think the loan gobbling activity by whales is under check at the moment...
    Most lurk for 10-20 mins. Clearly with my volumes its long enough for me

Investment method has had to adapt though, my last autolend loan was back in April.

I was going to do some reporting on my 36 month loans older then 36 months..... then I came across this

How is this 36 Month loan still active and Current after 43 months with no payments since Feb

36 Month Loan still current and active after 43 Months.JPG

Be happy Humvee - an F3 loan that went the distance and met every payment. A good result I say. The reporting is just nonsense as so often happens. Send them an email and they'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    Be happy Humvee - an F3 loan that went the distance and met every payment. A good result I say. The reporting is just nonsense as so often happens. Send them an email and they'll fix it.
    36% interest too. Wow! Humvee, interested to see your numbers from your closed off, if making them available.

Also a banging the gong moment - just hit the 50k invested across all P2P platforms today. Barring a GFC, I'll be aiming for 100k by Aug19.

36% interest too. Wow! Humvee, interested to see your numbers from your closed off, if making them available.

Also a banging the gong moment - just hit the 50k invested across all P2P platforms today. Barring a GFC, I'll be aiming for 100k by Aug19.
    Would you be willing to share your thoughts on diversification strategy? I am really struggling to maintain my portfolio but am probably way too diversified. Even after doubling my investment per loan I will remain in the 1000's long term which makes growth impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Would you be willing to share your thoughts on diversification strategy? I am really struggling to maintain my portfolio but am probably way too diversified. Even after doubling my investment per loan I will remain in the 1000's long term which makes growth impossible.
    I'm sure others have a much better handle.

Am treating all P2P as if it were rolling 18 month loans, so taking it from an investment perspective. To reach 100k from 50k now, am assuming approx 33k will be repaid, so needing to invest approx $1600 a week to reach that target.

Using that as a rough guide. From there have individual approaches toward selection criteria on 3 P2P sites. If am not getting enough loans will adjust onto another site, but so far hasn't been a problem. Currently am investing approx 3k per week at pretty small loan sizing, there is plenty of slack should the availability dry up.

I'm sure others have a much better handle.

Am treating all P2P as if it were rolling 18 month loans, so taking it from an investment perspective. To reach 100k from 50k now, am assuming approx 33k will be repaid, so needing to invest approx $1600 a week to reach that target.

Using that as a rough guide. From there have individual approaches toward selection criteria on 3 P2P sites. If am not getting enough loans will adjust onto another site, but so far hasn't been a problem. Currently am investing approx 3k per week at pretty small loan sizing, there is plenty of slack should the availability dry up.
    Thanks. I will just gradually ramp up number of units per loan over say 12 months. Given the erratic number of loans becoming available I don't want to be left exposed with poor diversification on the new cohort.

yeah, nah

I think a good guide to diversification is to try to average around 0.25% of total investment with a strict maximum of 1%, per loan.

So, if you have $10,000 invested, an average around $25 per loan with a maximum of $100 per loan.

That equates to around 400 loans, irrespective of investment size, which I think is manageable from a time input point of view. Any more than this, when volume of loans is not high, means having to select loans of poorer 'quality' just to maintain diversification - a poor trade off in my opinion (but no doubt debatable).

I've currently got a little over 1200 loans (0.1%) and, although manageable because I have the time, if I go off line for a week, it can take a couple of weeks to get on top of it again.

My thoughts only...I'm working to reduce my total number of loans

[An old article that provides some good numbers around this: https://www.lendingmemo.com/risk-div...n-p2p-lending/]

Caveat of the above worth thinking about:
    • timing of loans - a good spread throughout the year will also ensure diversity as I think there are periods of the year that present more risk than others (e.g. lead up to Christmas)
    • manually select loans - if you rely on auto-lend you can potentially get some 'dodgy' loans
    • if you only want to chase an average return ignore the above and invest the minimum amount ($25) in as many loans as available

If you consider the above - investing in one or two loans each day would do it - not hard to do, provided loans are available...

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    I think a good guide to diversification is to try to average around 0.25% of total investment with a strict maximum of 1%, per loan.

So, if you have $10,000 invested, an average around $25 per loan with a maximum of $100 per loan.

That equates to around 400 loans, irrespective of investment size, which I think is manageable from a time input point of view. Any more than this, when volume of loans is not high, means having to select loans of poorer 'quality' just to maintain diversification - a poor trade off in my opinion (but no doubt debatable).

I've currently got a little over 1200 loans (0.1%) and, although manageable because I have the time, if I go off line for a week, it can take a couple of weeks to get on top of it again.

My thoughts only...I'm working to reduce my total number of loans

[An old article that provides some good numbers around this: https://www.lendingmemo.com/risk-div...n-p2p-lending/]

Caveat of the above worth thinking about:
    • timing of loans - a good spread throughout the year will also ensure diversity as I think there are periods of the year that present more risk than others (e.g. lead up to Christmas)
    • manually select loans - if you rely on auto-lend you can potentially get some 'dodgy' loans
    • if you only want to chase an average return ignore the above and invest the minimum amount ($25) in as many loans as available

If you consider the above - investing in one or two loans each day would do it - not hard to do, provided loans are available...
    Thanks Myles. I have about 2500 active loans and about 15% sitting there in cash having been away for a couple of weeks! I don't read the stories, just use basic filters but mainly rely on diversification to get 13%. With 50% annual churn/repayment I think about 10 loans a week would keep my portfolio level if I increased investment in each loan by 50%. I guess that is still pretty conservative and it wouldn't take so long to build a somewhat mathematically diversified cohort even without a phased increase. The alternative of dropping my filters would be less attractive!