sharetrader
Page 318 of 465 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    22.03% average weighted loan interest rate

The default ratio shown in brackets (i.e. 1 loan in 194 defaults for B's) is interesting - shows very little difference in my loan set for C and D loans?
    Congratulations myles on the 20k gross, absolutely enviable results and well deserved, as you backed your calculations and convictions and ventured into the risky frontier, despite recent risk averse chatter a year ago.

Interesting C-D ratios indeed. Would be interesting to see if your loan picking filters will eventually beat Harmoney's grading system ...

Earns $26,000 monthly after tax, needs to borrow $3,000, willing to pay $500 for the re-write to get the loan increase. One has to seriously doubt the veracity of the information that Harmoney provides us with to base our investment decisions upon. There is obviously little checking of the data supplied by borrowers and no red flags are being raised in unusual/unbelievable circumstances.
    ScreenHunt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Earns $26,000 monthly after tax, needs to borrow $3,000, willing to pay $500 for the re-write to get the loan increase. One has to seriously doubt the veracity of the information that Harmoney provides us with to base our investment decisions upon. There is obviously little checking of the data supplied by borrowers and no red flags are being raised in unusual/unbelievable circumstances.
    ScreenHunt.jpg
    Looks like a business loan too but filter would not have caught it. If they are orchardists it could be they have very seasonal cash flow but no way I would touch it!

After some write offs I asked Harmoney how they confirmed the income and they said they review bank statements. I bet the $26k monthly income is top line revenue for a crop sale and not net income. If it was its hard to imagine they would need this expensive loan.

Default Payment Protect Fee

There are no fee charged if loan returned in full in cooling-off period. This loan was issued and paid-off on the same date. No service fee charged, but is Payment Protect Fees still charged?

PP fees on loan paid off same day as issued.JPG

At sub 10% returns, Harmoney no longer holds the yield advantage over competition, especially for smaller portfolios, and it looks like the sub 10% returns are here to stay due to the high Harmoney fees and feeble investor returns from its Payment Protect option. It still remains strong in the investment mix for the 'real' peers despite its poor track record in communications and lender satisfaction, because the competition has comparatively poor volume. At this stage...

yeah, nah

Err, the retail RAR is 12.4'ish...

Why do people constantly compare themselves to the platform RAR when it should be the retail RAR? If your RAR, as a retail investor, is below 12.4, you're below the average of your 'peers'...

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Err, the retail RAR is 12.4'ish...

Why do people constantly compare themselves to the platform RAR when it should be the retail RAR? If your RAR, as a retail investor, is below 12.4, you're below the average of your 'peers'...
    Individual performance is as much a matter of luck as it is of an individual's loan picking nous, especially if loan numbers are small in the portfolio, which they are for most retail customers. But of course, it is a valid way to segment, and benchmark.

Benchmarking to the platform RAR seems more appropriate to me for my purposes, and hence I have talked about it more, as it measures HM loan vetting performance, which I (and the institutional lenders - 75%+ of the HM Loan book) am forced to predominantly rely on. But, to each their own.

Also, even at (the still declining) 12.4% retail RAR of the pick n choose segment, HM offering is only second best now, since it reduced the reward for carrying unsecured loans 2 years ago (by raising its fees to 20%, 17.5% etc.) and the non tax-deductibility of its (comparatively much higher) defaults for the 'real/retail' peer. Watching this space with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    Also, even at (the still declining) 12.4% retail RAR of the pick n choose segment, HM offering is only second best now, since it reduced the reward for carrying unsecured loans 2 years ago (by raising its fees to 20%, 17.5% etc.) and the non tax-deductibility of its (comparatively much higher) defaults for the 'real/retail' peer. Watching this space with interest.
    No doubt its going to get lower. However I feel the autofilter is worth a good 2%

And what is the alternative - lendme lacks the volume to make it viable for most investors. Haven't looked at Squirrel.