sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Threaded View

Thanks Beacon. My first four loans were for $500 each and I lost one of those at 29 months. Initially I was keen to grow volume then I had a stern talking to myself and became more analytical. From time to time I have tweaked things but overall from then on I have used the attached templates for my investing. I work on the basis that if I weed out the obvious garbage then I already have improved my diversification so can take larger positions. Bear in mind though that I have spent a lifetime as an "anomaly analyst" assessing risk. I have been struggling to find D grade loans which meet my criteria so am well underlent in that category.

My original target return before tax was 14.50% but this got trashed by the rate reduction last year. I now aim for 14.08%, have RAR 13.75% and this month have running yield of 14.22%.

The attached loan featured last week. I asked for an explanation and was told there was a display error and that actual income was $2,486 a month. I requested that the loan be removed and represented correctly. I took a $25 position to make sure it happened. The loan was removed. So we can influence what happens but have to inconvenience ourselves to do so.
    Attached Images Attached Images