sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    How have you found your arrears spread?
    I analysed it just once some months ago but did not keep the results. Too much time doing it and not that meaningful as whether an arrear become a write-off or not is difficult to predict. Now, I hardly looked at the arrears at all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    I analysed it just once some months ago but did not keep the results. Too much time doing it and not that meaningful as whether an arrear become a write-off or not is difficult to predict. Now, I hardly looked at the arrears at all.
    I imagine the longer a note is in arrears the more likely it will be charged off. So when looking at your notes in arrears, a note one month in arrears will be less likely to convert to a charge off than a note three months in arrears. Has anyone studied that?.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 26-07-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I imagine the longer a note is in arrears the more likely it will be charged off. So when looking at your notes in arrears, a note one month in arrears will be less likely to convert to a charge off than a note three months in arrears. Has anyone studied that?.
    Yes, I did a quick calculation about 2 weeks ago, tallying up my arrears into before March, March, April and May (based on last payment) and then arbitrarily assigning a percentage to each months total - eg, before March 100%, March, 80% and so on.. I estimated that I will get another $2000+ charge-offs in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Yes, I did a quick calculation about 2 weeks ago, tallying up my arrears into before March, March, April and May (based on last payment) and then arbitrarily assigning a percentage to each months total - eg, before March 100%, March, 80% and so on.. I estimated that I will get another $2000+ charge-offs in the next few months.
    Good to know. My oldest arrears is April so going by your theory i will predict 60% charge off chance