sharetrader
Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294
Results 4,396 to 4,401 of 4401

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by Toukshare View Post
    Hi,
    Speaking of tax, have all of you put this investment in your kids name/IRD no, or yours? Kids would get 10.5% RWT rate, would they not? (unless they already earn, but I am talking young kids, under the age of 10)
    I am going to assume you are wanting to invest your kids money on their behalf, rather than attempt a tax dodge. When I last enquired to do this on behalf of my son Harmoney didn't allow kids to invest on their platform.

And neither did Lending Crowd either.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewfreestuff View Post
    I am going to assume you are wanting to invest your kids money on their behalf, rather than attempt a tax dodge. When I last enquired to do this on behalf of my son Harmoney didn't allow kids to invest on their platform.

And neither did Lending Crowd either.
    I absolutely do not advocate a tax dodge. But I do invest some money on my children's behalf and as a responsible parent, want them to have a diverse portfolio. P2P Lending is part of that, as well as Kiwisaver, term deposits and property. They are not at an age where they can manage their investments, so I do it for them. But I believe they are entitled to their fair tax rate, even if the actual management is done by me.

As a man wiser than me said "tax evasion is a crime, tax avoidance is a duty"

another HEADS UP: if you hold it as their trustee (in your name, not theirs) then the trustee tax rate applies.

An inglorious milestone: today my dashboard told me I have earned more in gross interest than the value of loans remaining outstanding. From the significantly reduced commentary on this forum in recent months I guess that many other lenders are feeling the same frustration I am - or perhaps, as usually happens when market returns fall, people are taking on increased risk.

yeah, nah

interest.png

I'm still happy with the return - not so happy with the volume of loans.

I've pretty much settled on try to keep about $120K invested. Anything over that and my funds available just grows.

yep, RAR and filters stable but cash is growing again!