sharetrader
Page 113 of 465 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

I've noticed far less activity on Harmoney during last few weekends ... anyone else noticed this change?
    I read a few articles from mortgage site ... interesting that Heartland are taking up more of the loans & us (pesky or maybe unwanted!) Retail are taking remaining 26% ....
    Also their article on secondary market...
    I'd really like to see Monica's list ... wonder what's going to be offered!

http://www.mortgagerates.co.nz/peer-...r-lending.html

Hopefully that link shows up the page containing the various articles

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    You got me thinking maybe I was being too cautious so I did some googling....
    http://www.lendingmemo.com/risk-dive...n-p2p-lending/
    This is a basic lesson in stats and sample size. The higher default rates equates as greater volatility equates as a larger sample needed to do anthing like getting close to mean consistently.

This has been my concern with people "trying out" P2P with $1,000 or $2,000. The outcome is a random walk, not a test and learn.

The point these style of charts perhaps willfully miss is that the higher risks should equate to higher returns or why would you do it? I don't want to know when my returns have to reach zero, I want to know when my returns have to hit a risk adjusted benchmark?

The various "insurance" options P2P offer also fail to explain this clearly. $500,000 in a loan loss pool will be swamped by bad luck and understanding rather than protected with good science.

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Originally Posted by humvee
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by humvee http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/...post-right.png
    Look at the extra employment information this site is showing that is not shown on the official harmoney dashboard
    http://www.mortgagerates.co.nz/p2p-loans.html

Hi Monica

I think this post might have got missed amongst the others - Could this more detailed information be added into the loan screens please. Given its avaiable via RSS already it should not be to bigger change to include
    Quote Originally Posted by Monica@Harmoney View Post
    Hi Humvee - nope it didn't get missed - we will be adding it to our API - and getting this through. We have a list of enhancements which we are delivering so its gone into the queue. Thanks for your continued support. Monica.mathis@harmoney.co.nz
    Hi Monica

Has there been any progress on this or what is the likely timeframe?
    Last edited by humvee; 22-05-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Hi Monica

Has there been any progress on this or what is the likely timeframe?
    I don't think anyone from Harmoney has posted on this thread since they announced the new fees structure. Perhaps it would have been an opportunity for them to engage in some good investor relations, dispel any misconceptions and further explain and justify an increase in fees to be collected from investors. There are certainly non-fee issues such as this that they could address. Dan and Monica have not been online since 12/5 - 10 days ago.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-05-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I don't think anyone from Harmoney has posted on this thread since they announced the new fees structure. Perhaps it would have been an opportunity for them to engage in some good investor relations, dispel any misconceptions and further explain and justify an increase in fees to be collected from investors. There are certainly non-fee issues such as this that they could address. Dan and Monica have not been online since 12/5 - 10 days ago.
    I think you are too late.... I just saw Dan & Monica Exit Stage Left..... The heat got too much for them - ha ha ha

I'm sure my "Gross Interest Received" has been increasing over the weekend (Sat & Sun), whereas it hasn't previously. Is this consistent with other users' observations?

If so, this suggests to me that a previously manual process has been automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickens View Post
    I'm sure my "Gross Interest Received" has been increasing over the weekend (Sat & Sun), whereas it hasn't previously. Is this consistent with other users' observations?

Yes. For the last 6 weeks I have been Withdrawing Funds at Weekends. I made at least 3 this weekend.

Funds coming in on a Saturday I can understand with Friday's payments being processed over night and credited on Saturday.... but Sunday too?

Maybe some Borrowers are paying late. And if they are with the same bank as Harmoney the funds show immediately and therefore can get Credited on a Sunday?
    Last edited by Saamee; 23-05-2016 at 02:25 AM.

I'm pretty sure funds have always trickled into my account on Thursdays to Sundays, its Mon - Wed when deposits are infrequent and are usually repayments (re-writes presumably).

Guru

Art is correct. Wednesday thru Sunday repayments and interest show. I have had he odd one on a Monday but assume it is just a late Sunday one.

I know I got 9 Early repayments/Rewrites on Saturday.

And over the weekend Early Repayments + Principal + Interest was greater then I could find new loans to invest in.

Based on a reply to an email I received - I believe they most likely had people in the office on Saturday at least