sharetrader
Page 138 of 465 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Reading this report http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/7...irst-year.html it is a little worrying that Harmoney has lost more than double in its second year of operation compared to its first year. I presume the increase in fees will go towards improving profit but now sure that is going to be enough. The peer to peer market is becoming a bit saturated so not sure if the is much growth there either. Wonder if the money owing but not paid due to conditions not being met refer to their IT systems

A year ago Harmoney had 50 something staff which I thought was a lot but now, apparently they have 80.!!! How can this be profitable and what would they all be doing????? No wonder their losses are increasing.
    Soolaimon

I wonder how many of the 80 are employed to chase up accounts in arrears.

First time poster here, found this site while searching for some people's experiences with Harmoney. Reading through this thread it looks like most people have pursued a different strategy to me (targeting lower risk A-C loans) so I thought I would share my results so far. Harmoney has been my first experience with investing outside of my Kiwi Saver and Australian superannuation accounts. I'm also planning to purchase shares in a few ASX and NZX listed gold miners, and maybe a few other companies along the way.

So far I've deposited $5550 into my account and invested in mostly 36 month E grade loans, although I've noticed it's becoming much harder to find any loans at all to invest in over the last month or so. I reinvest any repayments so the total Loan investments (funded) is $8225 across 124 loans. Charged off principal is $47 so far, although I'm expecting that to increase over time. RAR is sitting around 23% which I have been exceptionally pleased with. I guess time will tell whether that is sustainable or if it will decline as more loans get charged off.

Attachment 8190

Looking forward to learn a whole lot more about investing from the community here

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    So far I've deposited $5550 into my account and invested in mostly 36 month E grade loans, although I've noticed it's becoming much harder to find any loans at all to invest in over the last month or so. I reinvest any repayments so the total Loan investments (funded) is $8225 across 124 loans. Charged off principal is $47 so far, although I'm expecting that to increase over time. RAR is sitting around 23% which I have been exceptionally pleased with. I guess time will tell whether that is sustainable or if it will decline as more loans get charged off. ...
    That is a pretty good return for a good amount invested. Did you drip feed your capital into Harmoney over the past year?

Guru

With a rar that high and minimal write-offs, I am guessing you haven't been going over a year.

What a shame. Harmoney to plead guilty to misleading consumers.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11685047

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    What a shame. Harmoney to plead guilty to misleading consumers.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11685047
    Things must be getting desperate. Cant wait until I have withdrawn all my investments from them.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
    Things must be getting desperate. Cant wait until I have withdrawn all my investments from them.
    It sounds like it was an OTT aggressive marketing attempt.

Purely as an interested observer, I wonder how P2P lending will perform during a recession?

Anyone have any thoughts about this?