sharetrader
Page 154 of 465 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Guru

Withdraw a small amount from your account and see if your dashboard updates.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Have you ever found an error in your account balance ?
    Earlier days with HM i crossed checked them often and of late .... have far too much on my plate to be continually double checking ... but will do a cross check before too long ...
    I often Wonder (am concerned) that there very well could be a number of misplaced payments .... so YES. I, like you, wonder if there's an error or two to be found!!

Is everything ok with Harmoney today. I'm getting the attached using Opera when I go to the sign in page. Via Chrome and Firefox it takes me to the sign in page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Angry Zero balance loans

Quote Originally Posted by mccollr View Post
    Have you raised this with Harmoney.? They may be unaware that it is an issue.
    I have raised this matter a number of times and never had a satisfactory answer.

Default Phishing - False Positive

Hi Kiwi_on_OE,

Harmoney have incorrectly been marked by a third party as a potential Phishing site.

We're aware that some customers are getting notifications that our login page is a "Phishing" site. Phishing scams usually involve tricking people into logging into a site, such as their bank, with a similar looking page that then captures the username and password of that user. It's hard to understand why we're being flagged in this way considering it's our login page, and we're not purporting to be anyone else.

According to their website Opera relies on multiple third parties including GeoTrust and Phishtank to provide their Phishing warnings

We're currently working with the providers that have incorrectly categorised our site as such, and are working through the false positive process with them now. You may have seen a few months ago we had a similar issue with Norton, which we resolved promptly. Unfortunately, the providers are unwilling/unable to provide us any guidance on why we're being categorised this way, so it's difficult for us to get ahead of this, or make any changes to stop them flagging us on their systems. We're having to rely on being put on whitelists, which is not optimal.

Harmoney utilises an Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate. An EV certificate is a special type of site certificate that requires a significantly more rigorous identity verification process than other types of certificates. This means that if you're using a modern browser ( including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 7+) your address bar will turn green when you visit Harmoney (see attachment) This makes it easier for you to be sure you’re on the genuine Harmoney website.

EV_LINK.GIF

Please be assured that we're not a phishing site, we have never been one, and we take all possible steps to ensure the safety of your login details when you're using our site.
    To learn how to tell if a website connection is secure, visit the appropriate help page for your browser, for example:
    Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?hl=en
    Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...tion-is-secure

Thx Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.bates View Post
    "Unfortunately, the providers are unwilling/unable to provide us any guidance on why we're being categorised this way"
    Like applying for a loan, being told your score isn't high enough, and then being fobbed off with excuses. ;-)

My concern was that perhaps someone had hacked your site.

I can imagine companies from some countries suing if their website was put on a list of bad websites.
    Last edited by kiwi_on_OE; 20-09-2016 at 04:52 AM.

I've been investing in Harmoney since February and thought I'd share my results with you. I'm not as hardcore into the spreadsheet analysis as some of you, but I do have criteria.
    I'm currently achieving 16.7%. At the beginning I was putting money in across all loan levels as long as they conformed to my criteria, so I have 10% in A, but now rarely invest in anything less than a B4. I started with $75k, but it took a couple of months to get it all out. My total investments are over $113k, which shows you how many rewrites we have to put up with. I've had nearly $900 written off, only $4 recovered with $240 showing in arrears. Current balance is $80,200. The downside is that it is extremely active investing; you have to be on there 4x per day otherwise the good loans get snapped up, sometimes within an hour.
    I've also been using Lending Crowd. I don't have as much in there and I focus on loans above 12%, but I invest more per loan as it's secured. In Harmoney I'm usually putting in $25 for F-grade, $25-$50 for D and E-grade and usually $75, but up to $150 for B and C. I'm trying to get my weighting favouring C and D, but it's 32% B at the moment and about 23% C and 15% D. I never invest in weddings or holidays - that stuff is discretionary.
    I had set up a separate account with $5k at the same time just to experiment with a different strategy. I'm now drawing it down since the new fees and transferring to Lending Crowd. I focused more on C-F loans and am at 16.2% with about $30 written off. I'm not putting any more into Harmoney for the moment - just diversifying a bit on Snowball Effect, LC, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenc View Post
    I've been investing in Harmoney since February and thought I'd share my results with you. I'm not as hardcore into the spreadsheet analysis as some of you, but I do have criteria.
    I'm currently achieving 16.7%. At the beginning I was putting money in across all loan levels as long as they conformed to my criteria, so I have 10% in A, but now rarely invest in anything less than a B4. I started with $75k, but it took a couple of months to get it all out. My total investments are over $113k, which shows you how many rewrites we have to put up with. I've had nearly $900 written off, only $4 recovered with $240 showing in arrears. Current balance is $80,200. The downside is that it is extremely active investing; you have to be on there 4x per day otherwise the good loans get snapped up, sometimes within an hour.
    I've also been using Lending Crowd. I don't have as much in there and I focus on loans above 12%, but I invest more per loan as it's secured. In Harmoney I'm usually putting in $25 for F-grade, $25-$50 for D and E-grade and usually $75, but up to $150 for B and C. I'm trying to get my weighting favouring C and D, but it's 32% B at the moment and about 23% C and 15% D. I never invest in weddings or holidays - that stuff is discretionary.
    I had set up a separate account with $5k at the same time just to experiment with a different strategy. I'm now drawing it down since the new fees and transferring to Lending Crowd. I focused more on C-F loans and am at 16.2% with about $30 written off. I'm not putting any more into Harmoney for the moment - just diversifying a bit on Snowball Effect, LC, etc.
    Welcome to the site DarrenC

Good reading your findings. Echoes my experience and leanings!

harmoney-funded.png
    I see this kind of thing very frequently. Can anyone from Harmoney shed light on this (or preferably fix it). It's not a local computer problem as I've tried a deep refresh (shift-F5) and clearing my cache; it seems like a website caching problem. The ones in the image are loans 74728, 74708, 74696 and 74471.

From the web site interest.co.nz.

"P2P lender Harmoney asks Commerce and Consumer Affairs Minister to 'clarify' fees issue through 'appropriate legislative changes'"

The Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act make it abundantly clear even on a superficial reading that fees must be directly related to the costs of setting up and administering a loan.

A charge tacked on to the loan "because we can" is not permitted under the act. A percentage fee obviously varies with the size of the loan and would have a challenge being regarded as a cost recovery as they are almost always of a fixed nature.

Harmoney having such a poor understanding of the craft of lending is a cause for concern.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 21-09-2016 at 12:53 AM. Reason: changed word
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.