sharetrader
Page 164 of 465 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    According to Harmoney, the RAR update is 'accurate' as at 20th October. They took a little longer to update it so I'm sure they would of adjusted for any prior errors.
    It certainly makes the increase in Retail platform RAR for October all the more impressive then. The new lender fee has yet to catch up with the increased interest rates, even taking into account the recent adjustment charge. Perhaps retail lenders had fewer write-offs.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Attachment 8409

I see that 3 people are achieving RAR's of over 20% with more then 800 Loans, Are any of them about on this forum? If so what technique are they useing?

Im on a RAR of 16.89% with well over 1000 loans which I think is fairly good - It most likely would have been higher if I had not got caught up in every single loan the big fraud case early on (10+ loans)
    Attachment 8410
    Would it depend on for how long they have invested most of their money? If most of their money was invested within the last nine months, then they may not have been fully exposed to charge-offs yet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mccollr View Post
    Sorry I should have added that information. My charge off is $100 and arrears sitting at $54. It tends to hover between $40 and $50.
    When did you invest most of your capital into Harmoney?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Would it depend on for how long they have invested most of their money? If most of their money was invested within the last nine months, then they may not have been fully exposed to charge-offs yet.
    Looking at my historic RAR data I had a RAR of over 20% for weeks 16-17 and weeks 20-45 of my portfolio age - but never again since (but I would not have had over 800 loans ever during that time)

If you were getting started in P2P lending today, would you still go for Harmoney or switch to another platform?

Although it offers the better interest rates and loan availability, are the Harmoney loan write offs and seemingly repeated stuff ups enough to make you change?

The other platforms seem more sound in general, but I see no point in getting involved if there aren't enough loans to invest in and/or high enough interest rates

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    If you were getting started in P2P lending today, would you still go for Harmoney or switch to another platform?

Although it offers the better interest rates and loan availability, are the Harmoney loan write offs and seemingly repeated stuff ups enough to make you change?

The other platforms seem more sound in general, but I see no point in getting involved if there aren't enough loans to invest in and/or high enough interest rates
    #1- You want your Capital back!!

You will most likely get that with either Squirrel or Lending Crowd ( both offer some kind of guarantee or security )

Harmoney in time you most likely WILL lose some of your Capital...

Also many Investors struggle to make over 12% to 15% at Harmoney because of the Write Offs!

There seems to be a lot of negativity here at times which I suspect is not representative of the whole investor base. Personally I am very happy with Harmoney and find them very open. I would not touch the others unless they got a lot bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post

I see that 3 people are achieving RAR's of over 20% with more then 800 Loans, Are any of them about on this forum? If so what technique are they useing?

Im on a RAR of 16.89% with well over 1000 loans which I think is fairly good - It most likely would have been higher if I had not got caught up in every single loan the big fraud case early on (10+ loans)
    Attachment 8410
    With over 750 Loans and a RAR of 14% I have a good idea of the way I want to structure my lending going forward. I have created a risk spread table from my current data, I will now heavily stack my investment money into B and C grades, with a sprinkling of A and D. Then ultimately E and F grades will vanish from my chart either through repayment or more write-offs, then I should see my RAR steadily increase to at least 17-18%.

Permutation Risk Spread.JPG

Is that 14% including or excluding write offs?

Is that 14% including or excluding write offs?
    Would be including, the RAR is as posted on the website.