sharetrader
Page 185 of 465 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    OK a rhetorical question....

Why is it I have had SO many write offs here at Harmoney in 18 months.

And NONE at both Lending Crowd and Squirrel in 12 months??

Yes I have taken my business away from this platform already....
    As it was a rhetorical question you know the answer already; Harmoney as a much greater risk/reward ratio than the others. if you are going to lend money unsecured at usurious rates to people (D,E,F) who have to resort to this kind of funding there are going to be significant write offs. I agree with Art and CR111, it's the big picture you have to bear in mind: it's a numbers game.

For the record my write offs are

A 0 out of 266
    B 0 out of 329
    C 0 out of 245
    D 2 out of 126
    E 8 out of 87
    F 2 out of 26

My annualised returns over a two year period are A 9.7%, B 12.2%, C 16.0% D 17.0%, E 13.7%, F 20.5%, Overall 12.2% This is quite a lot better than LC and I am not in Squirrel
    Last edited by nztyke; 06-01-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztyke View Post
    As it was a rhetorical question you know the answer already; Harmoney as a much greater risk/reward ratio than the others. if you are going to lend money unsecured at usurious rates to people (D,E,F) who have to resort to this kind of funding there are going to be significant write offs. I agree with Art and CR111, it's the big picture you have to bear in mind: it's a numbers game.

For the record my write offs are

A 0 out of 266
    B 0 out of 329
    C 0 out of 245
    D 2 out of 126
    E 8 out of 87
    F 2 out of 26

My annualised returns over a two year period are A 9.7%, B 12.2%, C 16.0% D 17.0%, E 13.7%, F 20.5%, Overall 12.2% This is quite a lot better than LC and I am not in Squirrel
    this is similar to people that complain about the fees on managed funds (actually simplicities whole gimmick lol) when what matters is the net return.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    As of now loan 85627 has gone from the list of available loans, the $25 note I subscribed for to test the system has been wiped and the 17 notes I originally subscribed for are shown as being in funding. Presumably, Cool Bear, your 4 notes have been wiped out?
    Nope,Igotthe4notes

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    this is similar to people that complain about the fees on managed funds (actually simplicities whole gimmick lol) when what matters is the net return.
    Hey Guys, Thanks for the alternative way of thinking and looking at this....

I would still rather have Zero losses though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Nope,Igotthe4notes
    That makes for an interesting question for Harmoney - how come after I took up all that was left did they manage to find another $100 for you (but cancel my additional $25)? Perhaps there is a manual override to take from the big boys and give to us littlies? Another question for Will when he rings me on Monday.

Noticed with Squirrel, if they go broke, then ANZ would take over the loan book until the loans are wound up.

Is this similar with Harmoney? i.e. If they go broke (as I heard they are making net losses) is there any guarantee the loans will continue on?

Investor

If you would rather zero losses then a financial advisor would tell you you're taking on far more risk than you have an apetite for.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by epower View Post
    Noticed with Squirrel, if they go broke, then ANZ would take over the loan book until the loans are wound up.

Is this similar with Harmoney? i.e. If they go broke (as I heard they are making net losses) is there any guarantee the loans will continue on?
    Yes they do have a process for this. It is all clearly outlined somewhere on their website. Definitely in the lender agreement and possibly FAQs too.

Yes see page 9 of the disclosure statement
    https://www.harmoney.co.nz/assets/Le...079342-v-6.pdf

They're back to work! RaRs have been updated.