sharetrader
Page 198 of 465 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by FIsaver View Post
    Are E loans the best out there?

I was recently looking at Harmony's average return per grade and taking into account the loss what the actual rate of return is (at a given snapshot in time).

How are the overseas P2P market's going? NZ's harmony seems to be rocking - are we just late to the game? What are the general rates of return for other P2P companies in comparison?

average return PY average loss PY average total return PY
    A 11.87% 0.17% 11.70%
    B 15.15% 0.53% 14.62%
    C 20.86% 1.20% 19.66%
    D 27.25% 2.00% 25.25%
    E 35.20% 4.28% 30.92%
    F 39.63% 10.62% 29.01%
    yep, I have done extensive financial modelling on harmoney and this the same conclusion i came to - although working this out is pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by XxOrooxX View Post
    Has anyone complained about the lack of loans to Harmoney? I've put one through. Hoping if more people complain they might do something about it.
    Ah, I just popped on here to see if others were having the same issue. Disappointing to see loans are so thin.

I remember from years ago working as a stock boy at New World. The store owner said that there was always a dip in sales in March/April as this was when the first payment for hire purchase and loans taken over the holiday period fell due. Always amazed me how people would in-debt themselves to the point where they buy less food because of it, but anyway. Maybe this is a seasonal slump that as a systemic underlying cause and it's reflected in fewer people taking loans?

Looking now, 15 new loans in the last 24 hours. That is way way down on previous quarters.

Looking at this page:
    https://www.harmoney.co.nz/assets/Pe...167.1488238455

it is evident that the decline in demand has been quite marked since October. It isn't helped by the policy to allow autolend to "prefer" those with larger proportions of cash while also continuing to allocate 75%+ of loans to wholesale investors. I've managed to remain nearly fully invested but only by spending much more time "live" in order to grab during the very small window that loans are available for. And then, I can't get my quota of D and E grade loans within my set parameters.

Any one else having trouble Signing in to the Harmoney Website both this afternoon and Friday afternoon too???

Friday it was Intermittent - Right now Permanent - Cannot get in!

HM.jpg

Yep! same here ... they've worn themselves out!
    But i ask why you need to log-in Saamee? ... as you'd reported you'd totally withdrawn all your funds from Harmoney

me too, probably an untested and bad upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    yep, I have done extensive financial modelling on harmoney and this the same conclusion i came to - although working this out is pretty easy
    Do you think you can decrease the average loss of an F loan using some of the filters in Auto Lend? Thereby improving the average total return?

The main filter I like to look at is loan repayment to income as I feel this is a key factor in successful loan repayment. What are other peoples thoughts? I am sure Harmoney has data on reducing the risk of all graded loans based on different filters.

Its all go now real fancy to

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    Looking at this page:
    https://www.harmoney.co.nz/assets/Pe...167.1488238455

it is evident that the decline in demand has been quite marked since October. It isn't helped by the policy to allow autolend to "prefer" those with larger proportions of cash while also continuing to allocate 75%+ of loans to wholesale investors. I've managed to remain nearly fully invested but only by spending much more time "live" in order to grab during the very small window that loans are available for. And then, I can't get my quota of D and E grade loans within my set parameters.
    there was a similar decline last year.. although not as much. Next few months will be interdasting

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    I am sure Harmoney has data on reducing the risk of all graded loans based on different filters.
    Yes but if Harmoney thought that a certain filter identified F grade loans as lower risk wouldn't they then re classify these loans as E grade loans? The only reason why they wouldn't was if they felt they didn't have sufficient data to do so yet on a statistically significant basis.