sharetrader
Page 206 of 398 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

yeah, nah

Thanks Whitt - those graphs tell a great story for newbies.

On a completely different topic: bankruptcies - could they become the bane of P2P lending?

Baby boomers struggling financially

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    meh not worried at all it only scored 19% on RT

7th.JPG

Also, kinda getting pissed at all these defaults now. Almost a year in, still less than 1% and I'm sure my weighted average annual default rate > 1%

Attachment 8975

All my defaults are grade E's
    Last edited by alistar_mid; 07-07-2017 at 03:50 PM.

[QUOTE

Attachment 8975

All my defaults are grade E's[/QUOTE]Losing 10% of your interest after a year in indicates your default experience is much greater than Harmoney projects - around twice expected on your figures. Note also that as you are heavily weighted to 60 month, when loans do get written off you will take a bigger hit than if you were in 36 month loans (assuming Harmoney is right in suggesting that the default profiles are similar with regard to time in the loan.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    Losing 10% of your interest after a year in indicates your default experience is much greater than Harmoney projects - around twice expected on your figures.
    BJ1 I think you've said something like that before - can you expand on it a bit? The Harmoney forecast default rates are an annual percent of loans, not interest rate?

If you assume the average loan in the above is $100, that's only 8 loans defaulted - for the spread that looks like less than Harmoney would forecast to me?

The 36 vs 60 month comparison isn't as simple as it looks - an overly simple example - to get the same interest as a 60 month loan you need one 36 month loan and (to make it easy) a 24 month loan - the chances of a default increase for the two loans vs the one lone. Not the best example but perhaps helps think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    BJ1 I think you've said something like that before - can you expand on it a bit? The Harmoney forecast default rates are an annual percent of loans, not interest rate?

If you assume the average loan in the above is $100, that's only 8 loans defaulted - for the spread that looks like less than Harmoney would forecast to me?

The 36 vs 60 month comparison isn't as simple as it looks - an overly simple example - to get the same interest as a 60 month loan you need one 36 month loan and (to make it easy) a 24 month loan - the chances of a default increase for the two loans vs the one lone. Not the best example but perhaps helps think it through.
    well crunching some numbers my weighted average annual default rate is 1.87%

I have 0.89%

The weighted average age of loan I have is 4.02 months.

Therefore 1.87 / (12 / 4.02) = 0.63% is where I should be right now.

So I am tracking slightly higher than I should be.

Hmm it is like 89/63 = 40% higher than what it should be.... ><

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    The weighted average age of loan I have is 4.02 months.
    That's a worry then!

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    Therefore 1.87 / (12 / 4.02) = 0.63% is where I should be right now.
    Considering when the bulk of defaults are supposed to kick in you might be in for a fair bit more pain then

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    BJ1 I think you've said something like that before - can you expand on it a bit?
    If we take a basket of loans at C1 as an average and earn18.52% in interest and write off 0.86% of the principal after a year thatrepresents 4.64% of the interest actually earned, yet alistar has lost 9.13% ofhis interest. So he is either sufferingdefaults at a greater rate than Harmoney expects, or they are occurring veryearly in the loan life – neither is as expected.
    Harmoney estimate that 80% of defaults will occur by 18months with both 36 and 60 month loans having a similar hazard curve. On a $1000 loan@ 18% surviving for the 18 months the writeoff on a 60 month loan will be $787against $567 on a 36 month loan; and one has to wonder about loans on the booksfor only 6 months or so which are written off

yeah, nah

If we take a basket of loans at C1 as an average and earn18.52% in interest and write off 0.86% of the principal after a year thatrepresents 4.64% of the interest actually earned, yet alistar has lost 9.13% ofhis interest. So he is either sufferingdefaults at a greater rate than Harmoney expects, or they are occurring veryearly in the loan life – neither is as expected.
    Not seeing it Why C1's - doing the same for a basket of F1's works out at 17.75% not 4.64% - it is a mix of loans?

Harmoney estimate that 80% of defaults will occur by 18months with both 36 and 60 month loans having a similar hazard curve. On a $1000 loan@ 18% surviving for the 18 months the writeoff on a 60 month loan will be $787against $567 on a 36 month loan; and one has to wonder about loans on the booksfor only 6 months or so which are written off
    Do you get the same interest on $1000 invested at 18% for 60 months as you do for 36 months for loans that don't default? No, so you have to reinvest for the remaining 24 months, which see's this reinvestment loan having to survive past that 18 month danger zone - a second time - increasing the chances of a default. You can't just look at single loans to make this comparison?