sharetrader
Page 229 of 465 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Why would anyone with a freehold home (i.e no mortgage) not borrow against their house from the bank who offer such low-interest rates? Also, what would be the minimum mortgage amount that banks offer?
    Attachment 8905
    A Dreamer? A Liar? A Scammer? Smells damn right Fishy to me!

yeah, nah

"Rebuild my home" - perhaps it burnt down and they are waiting on Insurance (or had none!)?

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    "Rebuild my home" - perhaps it burnt down and they are waiting on Insurance (or had none!)?
    Even if that was the case the bank would have still given them a mortgage against the freehold land at 5% instead of 18%

yeah, nah

Even if that was the case the bank would have still given them a mortgage against the freehold land at 5% instead of 18%
    You can't possibly know that...we don't know what other loans/factors might be involved...

Why would anyone with a freehold home (i.e no mortgage) not borrow against their house from the bank who offer such low-interest rates? Also, what would be the minimum mortgage amount that banks offer?
    Attachment 8905
    Privacy, psychological security, transaction costs (if they intend to repay quickly).....

Attachment 8905
    Umm read the comments Icyfire purpose of loan is to help save for a deposit on a new house. I don't think they own a house now despite what the loan profile says.

Oh "rebuild" I didn't read carefully enough sorry

Guru

When loan info states that a borrower has a mortgage free home, does that mean that the borrower personally owns the home? In other words, that the home is not owned and protected by a family trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Robuste View Post
    Umm read the comments Icyfire purpose of loan is to help save for a deposit on a new house. I don't think they own a house now despite what the loan profile says.
    The loan info clearly stated, "Fully Owned - No Mortgage". That can only mean that the borrower owns a mortgage-free house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    When loan info states that a borrower has a mortgage free home, does that mean that the borrower personally owns the home? In other words, that the home is not owned and protected by a family trust.
    Harmoney is not in a position to know, unless there is an independent trustee registered on the title, which isn't necessary although common for trusts established by lawyers. If the borrowers are also the trustees then as trustees they would be committing fraud by not disclosing the existence of the trust and on that basis the trust might be liable for the trustees fraud - but Harmoney seems not to have the processes or resources to deal with such issues. So, don't expect recoveries from the house.