sharetrader
Page 243 of 465 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Default arrears with zero value owing

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    I have about 6000 loans and in for about 24+months. Arrears is currently 7.18% (total principal at risk vs total amount o/s). Mine was higher risk including E and F. RAR still above 14%. Would be better going with RMJH's risk spread.
    Hi Alistar
    just realised that there are quite a few loans in my list that are classified as "Arrears" but have "Amounts in Arrears" = 0. These total 24 out of the 261 loans in arrears. My previous percentage above do not take these into account. That 7.18% was based on the spreadsheet adding the principal outstanding only if the value in "Amounts in Arrears" is not equal to 0. So, if I add the "Outstanding Principals" of these zero value Arrears, my principal at risk is higher at 7.84%.
    Last edited by Cool Bear; 20-07-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Default But wait, there is more...

Hi Alistar
    just realised that there are quite a few loans in my list that are classified as "Arrears" but have "Amounts in Arrears" = 0. These total 24 out of the 261 loans in arrears. My previous percentage above do not take these into account. That 7.18% was based on the spreadsheet adding the principal outstanding only if the value in "Amounts in Arrears" is not equal to 0. So, if I add the "Outstanding Principals" of these zero value Arrears, my principal at risk is higher at 7.84%.
    To complicate it further, I realised that out of my 3500+ current loans, 74 have days overdue on them, eventhough the "Amounts in Arrears" are also 0. If I add the outstanding principals of these, my total principal at risk goes up to 9.82%..

But as I am already in for 24 months, it is the actuals that matters and the amount written off are just about 20% of gross interest at the moment.

Default problem signing in..

Anyone else having problems signing in? I am using Chrome.

Guru

Anyone else having problems signing in? I am using Chrome.
    Not working for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Not working for me either.
    finally.. okay now.

finally.. okay now.
    Still not working for me
    Screenshot_10.jpg

Guru

I can get in using Firefox on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone but not with Safari on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I can get in using Firefox on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone but not with Safari on my laptop.
    Interesting, probably something to do with caching.

I've been in for 16 months. 3.7% of my outstanding principal is in arrears status, disregarding loans 0 days in arrears. That's 5.6% of the active individual loans. If you subtract the interest already earned (minus fees) on those loans, that goes down to 3.37% as "vulnerable". My spread is pretty flat A-D, then half that at E, no Fs.
    Last edited by CageyB; 20-07-2017 at 10:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Cool Bear;But as I am already in for 24 months, it is the actuals that matters and the amount written off are just about 20% of gross interest at the moment.[/QUOTE]If you had invested everything on day one in a basket of loans averaging out at, say, C1 (about the middle of the platform exposures) you could expect to lose a lot less than 10%pa of your total interest. Perhaps your risk profile is to the high end but it seems to me more that you are experiencing a higher loss rate than Harmoney predicts.

After 27months I've lost $668 of my total interest of $18,329. My RAR is 13.41% so even with your higher losses you are making a better net return than I am. The difference being that I keep my higher return exposure under tight rein because I dislike the high rates borrowers pay.

Perhaps too many investors (and I'm not suggesting this applies to you) look at their losses instead of their net return? Also, it seems too many look at RAR instead of projecting forward.