sharetrader
Page 354 of 398 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Some may find this of interest - Liquidity of Harmoney Loans:

For the nearly 2 years I've had ~$100K invested, the average age of my Paid Off loans (1370 Loans) is 255 days and the average age of my current loans (996) is 369 days. [Charged off loans average age is 348 days]

I guess if things go to custard these figures will change, but Liquidity, perhaps, is not such a big issue when compared to the alternatives (if you want to at least keep up with inflation).

Not sure if this is similar across all P2P markets though?

NB: Total turnover for my loans has been $265,475.00 [added] and that doesn't include re-investing $20K - so in 2 years about a 3x turnover.
    yeah I found if you put a bunch of money in across a diversified loan spread and don't re-invest you will get about 50% of your money back via interest and loans being paid back early, i the first year.

Mirin your returns btw myles - I invested just over $100k initially and have left it withdrawal out til I got to a balance of $50k which is where I am at now. I've been in about 2.5 years.

yeah, nah

Thanks CB, much appreciated. Certainly sounds less time consuming/stressful than other P2P models.

Is the low volume of retail loans on Harmoney typical of this time of year, or is this much slower than normal? I've been sort of busy at work, so haven't been able to reinvest much, since everytime I check there are either no loans, or only rubbish I wouldn't go near.

I don't even bother with Harmoney anymore, seems like all the good loans are being diverted to the wholesale market.

Been with Harmoney since the beginning but now had enough. The effort not worth it now but it has provided a nice supplement to bank term deposits over the time. In full withdrawal mode now for the last 6 weeks.
    Doing the same at Lending Crowd.
    Soolaimon

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    Been with Harmoney since the beginning but now had enough. The effort not worth it now but it has provided a nice supplement to bank term deposits over the time. In full withdrawal mode now for the last 6 weeks.
    Doing the same at Lending Crowd.
    Hey @ Soolaimon > So what is your next investment strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Hey @ Soolaimon > So what is your next investment strategy?
    I have been at it for more than 50 years now, shares, bonds, cfds, options and P2P. Now moving to more cash ie. term deposits etc. One gets a little more conservative as one gets longer in the tooth.... and, it will take 5 years to wind up the P2Ps.
    Cheers.
    Soolaimon

Default definately reduction in loans

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    Is the low volume of retail loans on Harmoney typical of this time of year, or is this much slower than normal? I've been sort of busy at work, so haven't been able to reinvest much, since everytime I check there are either no loans, or only rubbish I wouldn't go near.
    It is very much reduced.

The number of loans I invested in for one of my pooled fund:
    Jan2018 520 loans vs Jan2019 79 loans
    Feb2018 408 loans vs Feb2019 54 loans

Default Not time of the year myles. Just times of our lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    It is very much reduced.

The number of loans I invested in for one of my pooled fund:
    Jan2018 520 loans vs Jan2019 79 loans
    Feb2018 408 loans vs Feb2019 54 loans
    My numbers are smaller than yours Cool Bear, but I have also only done roughly 10% of the volume this Feb as compared to Feb last year. My January volume was also roughly 20% of my Jan numbers last year.
    So, definitely a big shift in loan volume away from retail lenders to institutional lenders recently, regardless of whether the loan volume lifted or fell overall due to seasonality.

Securitization is definitely an innovation whose time seems to have come in New Zealand. Although I read today that "In Australia, a $120 mln residential mortgage bond made up of Suncorp mortgages suffered defaults to a trigger level where investors may not get all their money back. It is being described as a 'canary' moment." And Harmoney loans aren't even secured, but kudos for this are due to Harmoney nevertheless.

Dont know if anybody has noticed most loans hit the market 65% filled - which is most likely the intuitional investors getting their slice first. And the remainder go to us plebs. Not sure if the 65% is includes auto loaned as well.

Given the market, i here lots of radio airtime for gem and moola – (especially on the Polynesian radio stations - perhaps they are nibbling all the loan or perhaps just not enough stock maybe the loans interest rates are not correct market wise.