sharetrader
Page 4 of 398 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Dilettante

I wanted to set up an account but can not get past the disclosure agreement. Repeatedly get a message telling me to confirm at the bottom of the page that I've read it but there is no OK button at the bottom of the page. Have had 2 other people look at it for me in case I was missing something but same result. Any idea anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wanted to set up an account but can not get past the disclosure agreement. Repeatedly get a message telling me to confirm at the bottom of the page that I've read it but there is no OK button at the bottom of the page. Have had 2 other people look at it for me in case I was missing something but same result. Any idea anyone ?
    Tried opening the disclosure statement?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
    Tried opening the disclosure statement?
    Haha. Even read every word but doesn't solve my issue

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Haha. Even read every word but doesn't solve my issue
    Try using a different browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, etc.) That behaviour could be the result of some security settings on your current browser.

Dilettante

Thanks Zaphod. I did try using both Firefox and IE but still have the same issue. I think I will just buy a few more HNZ, a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Try using a different browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, etc.) That behaviour could be the result of some security settings on your current browser.

Guru

Do any of you have unfilled orders that now do not appear on the Marketplace page?

It appears loan did not go ahead. No notification. You just need to work it out yourself.
    Last edited by 777; 11-01-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Do any of you have unfilled orders that now do not appear on the Marketplace page?

It appears loan did not go ahead. No notification. You just need to work it out yourself.
    Yes, I had a couple of those back in Sept/Oct. No notification then also. I called about it and was told that the loans were unfilled. Since then all I have invested in have been filled. Also, I have had two loans fully re-paid, one almost at issue time, the other within one month. Got a $2 return from that one!!
    Soolaimon

Guru

How many loans are up all the platform at once? Could you spread for example $50K across a decent number of loans to minimise the default risk/exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    How many loans are up all the platform at once? Could you spread for example $50K across a decent number of loans to minimise the default risk/exposure?
    Not many at any moment in time but there is fairly regular movement in terms of completing financing of individual loans and new offers arriving. If you believe the numbers they stated in various media blurbs it implies they have completed 1,400+ loans since start up ($20m in loans, $14,000 average).

If you wanted to invest $50,000 it might take a while depending upon your risk tolerance. I note Harmoney recommend you purchase no more than 10% of a loan but would suggest unless you are investing millions this would represent an unwise degree of concentration risk for sums like $50,000. Think wiser to take your time and buy into hundreds to allow more room for the pricing vs default statistics to work as designed.

I've been buying into many loans at small values on behalf of my partner to achieve wide diversification since there is no control or visibility of the underwriting/risk assessment process. Based upon desired criteria have over 6 weeks bought into 70 or so loans so far. We intend to continue purchases at the same sort of pace for 3 years assuming the numbers and Harmoney (and their assessment process!) performs as expected.