sharetrader
Page 454 of 465 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

[QUOTE=Skene;807290]Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced a sharp increase in charge-offs since April 1st (closure of Retail lending)?

Personally....... NO..... ( Not as Yet!! )

[QUOTE=Saamee;807294]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skene View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced a sharp increase in charge-offs since April 1st (closure of Retail lending)?

Personally....... NO..... ( Not as Yet!! )
    Cant say I have seen an increase in charge offs but there are a lot in the wings if one looks closely at the arrears. Also, as I have been in full withdrawal for a year or more I have noticed a slow down in repayments since the last week of March. I guess this is to be expected.
    Soolaimon

No charge off or arrears change for me yet - but my full repayments (from Harmoney refinancing ?) appear to have slowed - but that could be a function of my total lending now being down from $121k at peak to under $40k now. How quickly the world changes - I've gone from being frustrated that Harmoney were "stealing" all my loans to hoping they hurry up and "steal" the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    No charge off or arrears change for me yet - but my full repayments (from Harmoney refinancing ?) appear to have slowed - but that could be a function of my total lending now being down from $121k at peak to under $40k now. How quickly the world changes - I've gone from being frustrated that Harmoney were "stealing" all my loans to hoping they hurry up and "steal" the rest.
    The refinancing has definitely slowed (my estimate is down 80%) but I expect that start creeping back up. I also haven't noticed increased in arrears yet, but expect that to increase significantly soon.
    I'm wondering if Harmoney will drop interest rates and do a big refinance campaign? ( that's assuming they can still get the wholesale funding )

I was just thinking today, at the stroke of a pen, HARMONEY decided no more loans for the little guys!!.
    Now i feel, they are just another finance company.
    Under the P2P rules they say... "We cannot purchase any investor loans under the P2P licence.!!
    Well Harmoney, I believe that you are no longer a P2P lender and I want my $$MONEY back!!!
    Last edited by permutation; 21-04-2020 at 05:30 AM.

yeah, nah

What exactly is your complaint? Harmoney have provided plenty of detail of the changes that they have made. All existing loans were taken out as P2P, that hasn't changed?

Well Myles, I feel it is no longer a P2P lender, I want my money back!!
    Last edited by permutation; 21-04-2020 at 05:25 AM.

In my view Harmoney was never a P2P lender, but a facilitator of such activity. It found that it couldn't get the market big enough to make money from being the facilitator/administrator so found the only way to remain viable and keep control of everything was to become a lender in its own right. That it did so by in part refinancing the real P2P lenders was disappointing to me but as long as Harmoney continues to honestly and effectively manage the remaining investor loans, then I don't see how such investors have a valid complaint about matters. As previously said on this page, the Covid world change has resulted in my feelings changing but that is not Harmoney's fault.
    Last edited by BJ1; 21-04-2020 at 07:57 PM.

I'm with you on this, BJ1.
    It is disappointing that HM has ceased to be a P2P lender, but so far, they haven't failed to behave as what we've signed for. Of course, time will tell, and we'll be monitoring closely how they manage the investors' remaining investments, but so far, no complaints.
    Last edited by Toukshare; 23-04-2020 at 08:54 AM. Reason: clarity

So far I've seen minimal increases in charge-offs/arrears. I expect the worst is yet to come, but so far, so good. I haven't seen any communication from Harmoney on their hardship policies, though. I'd much rather they (for example) suspend repayments for a few months than to chuck everything to collections, both for myself and for the sake of the borrowers.