sharetrader
Page 56 of 465 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmoney

Very interesting that result. It's false advertising, misinformation or something on the part of Harmoney. Smoke and mirrors baby! Fool me once..........

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    At the moment Im using both harmoney and Squirrel (with hugely more in harmoney)

I cannot help but think that harmoney dont want to improve the reports because it would show the returns are below what is claimed.

These numbers are only approx due to no report to get it directly from harmoney (so I had to average the deposit dates) - If harmoney wishes to disagree with my figures I would welcome them to contact me and tell me where to access a more accurate report, If im wrong I'll happily post the revised numbers here.

I have access to figures from 2 accounts

70 Loans (D,E,F) 9.1% after fees & writeoffs (At one point this dropped to less then 1% due to writeoff's)

Over 500 Loans (D,E,F, And a few C) 11.1% after fees & writeoffs

Based on the loan selection and harmoneys advertised figures the return should be just under 20% after fees and writeoffs

Yes that and we should be able to access any and all financial data relating to our loans/accounts. Would be nice to be able to create custom reports too. Not the currently narrow and over simplified portal.

I would like to see the following reports/figures available

Estimated annual % return base off actual last 6 or 12 months rolling average. this should use 12 months data if available on the account otherwise use 12 months

Aged amount in arrears - If some one is 2 or 3 days late (could be due to bank processing times, public holidays etc) this does not tell me much - The 2 figures I care about are arrears greater then 5 days and Mostly Arrears greater then 35 days

Also you cannot see from the full loan details from the charged off/arrears reports you need to get the loan ID then go into the orders and open each order and try and find the order that contains that loan - a very slow task given there could be 10+ orders over the 3+day period that the date of the loan could match too, When an export is done from the reports/market place screen I would like to see FULL details exported including comments, income, repayment amount, age, location, loan reason etc

Very interesting, thanks for sharing

Just running the numbers of how bad the rewrites are, My oldest loans are 10 months old - so under a year old

Loans Older then 1 Month
    9.25% Have been repaid already
    Loans Older then 3 Months
    14% Have Been repaid already
    Loans Older then 6 Months
    17% Have been Repaid Already

HI, whats your secret to such a low default rate? You are the most confident one I've seen post.

Be cool to know how much the fees cost, and who much interest was lost by the loans which were early re payers I reckon?

That is the cream we are missing out on....The difference between the advertising return and the real return.

Big gap in returns created by a bloody bad policy of Harmoney.

Quote Originally Posted by permutation View Post
    Investing for about 9 months, Loans invested 450+, in that time I have had 20% paid back, now have 350+ loans.
    Loan numbers charged off currently 0.08% and arrears 4.07%.

I can't reinvest faster than the loans that are being repaid.

which grades?

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Notice an upgrade to the dashboard this morning giving RAR

Mine is 16.81%

I have yet to have any final defaults(charged off principal)

Invested $40,000 in mainly $250 lots but some as $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippeedo View Post
    Yes I would love to know how the institutional investor side of things works
    Heartland have a special operations room with 15 staff processing the loans - like below

Hard work entering 40,000 $25 Investments in a week .... they all say phew at the end of week and then do it again the following week
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Good job. I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by mlt322 View Post
    I'm new to Harmoney and prior to investing, did a lot of research to check out the viability and safety of p2p lending. I had several email discussions with Mark Bardi, at Harmoney, and got prompt, straight answers back which did ease any concerns I had.

I did ask for a number of stats on performance, write-offs, arrears, etc which he answered but are now being published for the world to see. Good work Harmoney!!

........................So far, 157 loans, 2 arrears (paid now), and 2 paid off. Reinvest all interest and principal received.

Happy with it so far.

Current RAR = 13.31%.... I do have to keep myself 'in check' with reality, that if i was not in Harmoney the $$'s would be getting just about 2.75% in the High Street banks! Then I tell myself whatever the re-writes do, the return is still close to 5 times better!

Its hard to believe you only had that 3 defaults in E and F grades. Please share your secret

Quote Originally Posted by permutation View Post
    I have read a number of times in the financial media regarding primary loans i.e.. housing loans; that a borrower having to pay more than 30% of their net income to service a mortgage could be putting themselves under financial stress.

I assume that many loans through Harmoney are additional to mortgage or rent payments.

How difficult over time would it be for a borrower to continue repaying a loan when in some bios I read, the "Repayment v Income ratio is 20-35%+? So total debt servicing could be as high as 55%+

I will never find out if some of these will default because I never invest in such loans.

Over the last 10 months with over 460 loans invested I have had 3 defaults in E, F grades only.
    I have a graph of my investment spread in a previous post.

It would be great to have Harmoney join us in these discussions

Quote Originally Posted by mlt322 View Post
    I have been wondering why, with several negative threads, and the many questions and assumptions regarding how Harmoney operates, why someone from Harmoney hasn't responded to the forum in the same way that JB (John Bolton) of Squirrel Money does on the Squirrel discussion. Surely it would be in their best interest (and ours as investors) to have them answer these questions.

I asked Mark Bardi, from Harmoney, this and he said that they have been asked by Sharetrader not to. If this is the case, I'd be keen to know why the Sharetrader moderators are more than happy for one p2p lending company to respond on here as well as pumping their product at every opportunity but won't let another company respond.

Could we get some clarity on this please? I think that this is fair if this forum is to be open and transparent to all users.