sharetrader
Page 58 of 465 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmoney

Harmoney monthly RAR updated today..... I saw a 0.5% rise!

For those who are interested I have been with Harmoney for a full year now and this is how it panned out.

Loans: 492, (36 months 489, 60 months 3)
    Average Loan $191
    By Grade: A 42%, B 31%, C 16%, D 5%, E 4%, F 2%
    Charged Off: 2 (0.4%)
    Repaid Early: 100 (20.3) Reduced gross return by approx. 0.8%
    RAR per Harmoney 12.41%
    Gross Return by my calculation 11.59%

The early repayment "penalty" can be a pain but if it was shown as an estimated reduction in return on the order summary page in the same way as the expected annual default rate is shown, it would give more transparency. Remember primary function is to make a return for its shareholders.

it can be fairly time consuming have to monitor the site at least once a day; this is not a problem for me but I can see that it could be a chore for some.

Overall I am very happy with this investment, it sure beats the less the 4% received from the bank.

Today my RAR crossed the 14% mark!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by permutation View Post
    Today my RAR crossed the 14% mark!
    I take it that it crossed it in the downward direction.

Quote Originally Posted by nztyke View Post
    For those who are interested I have been with Harmoney for a full year now and this is how it panned out.

Average Loan $191
    RAR per Harmoney 12.41%

The early repayment "penalty" can be a pain but if it was shown as an estimated reduction in return on the order summary page in the same way as the expected annual default rate is shown, it would give more transparency. Remember primary function is to make a return for its shareholders.

it can be fairly time consuming have to monitor the site at least once a day; this is not a problem for me but I can see that it could be a chore for some.

Overall I am very happy with this investment, it sure beats the less the 4% received from the bank.
    You therefore pay your individual PIR tax on this 11.59% return?

How much time per week does it take you to monitor?

How easy is it to re-invest your interest and principal repayments into new loans? Or does your cash sit not earning in between loans?

Why are you investing here as opposed to the sharemarket which averages 10-11%?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Buffett Jr View Post
    You therefore pay your individual PIR tax on this 11.59% return?

How much time per week does it take you to monitor?

How easy is it to re-invest your interest and principal repayments into new loans? Or does your cash sit not earning in between loans?

Why are you investing here as opposed to the sharemarket which averages 10-11%?
    What PIR tax? It is normal income tax and I doubt(know) you can not just select your return to declare.

Quote Originally Posted by nztyke View Post

Average Loan $191
    RAR per Harmoney 12.41%

Hi

Thanks for the info you have a lower risk/return profile in your portfolio then me.

What I would be interested to know was what % of the interest you earned did you pay in fees?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Harmoney monthly RAR updated today..... I saw a 0.5% rise!
    Mine went down. I am getting hammered by write offs. My RAR is still above the average but I was hoping for a higher return based on a higher risk profile - that higher risk profile doesn't seem to be paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Mine went down. I am getting hammered by write offs. My RAR is still above the average but I was hoping for a higher return based on a higher risk profile - that higher risk profile doesn't seem to be paying off.
    Mine went up - but only by 0.1% - so currently its still lower then it was the 1st month the rar was published

Capture23-02-2016.PNG

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Are your actual write-offs for each grade conforming to the default default risk assigned by Harmoney? Actual write-offs do seem to be the loose cannon aspect of investor returns.