sharetrader
Page 74 of 465 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Monica - could the more detailed information about employment that is available on this site please be made available on the official site too
    Originally Posted by humvee
    Look at the extra employment information this site is showing that is not shown on the official harmoney dashboard
    http://www.mortgagerates.co.nz/p2p-loans.html

Hi Monica

I think this post might have got missed amongst the others - Could this more detailed information be added into the loan screens please. Given its avaiable via RSS already it should not be to bigger change to include

Harmoney (Verified) Monica@Harmoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Originally Posted by humvee
    Look at the extra employment information this site is showing that is not shown on the official harmoney dashboard
    http://www.mortgagerates.co.nz/p2p-loans.html

Hi Monica

I think this post might have got missed amongst the others - Could this more detailed information be added into the loan screens please. Given its avaiable via RSS already it should not be to bigger change to include
    Hi Humvee - nope it didn't get missed - we will be adding it to our API - and getting this through. We have a list of enhancements which we are delivering so its gone into the queue. Thanks for your continued support. Monica.mathis@harmoney.co.nz

As a investor who has only been dipping their feet in the water its interesting to see the progression of this thread, initially very postive that has now become increasingly negative. As well as the amount of loans avliable for investment starting to dry up. Hope my initial investment wasn't misplaced

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    As a investor who has only been dipping their feet in the water its interesting to see the progression of this thread, initially very postive that has now become increasingly negative. As well as the amount of loans avliable for investment starting to dry up. Hope my initial investment wasn't misplaced
    Im not sure the number of investments have dried up, but what is there is filling very fast - The only loans that are not gone in 24 hours - sometimes 6 hours or less are the ones I would not invest in.

I see the Investor RAR for March has just been updated. Personally mine has gone up for the 2nd month in a row @ 13.73%... On the down side I got my 1st Write Off today - LAI-00029544
    Last edited by Saamee; 21-03-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Hi Monica,

I have been investing in Harmoney since November.

Thanks for participating here on Sharetrader.

I sent an email to investorservices@harmoney.co.nz on the 12th of March at midday but haven't had a response yet that I can see.

This is probably in the fine print but if you could please assist one of a few questions I asked in that email........what happens if Harmoney doesn't make enough money to operate for the long term?

For example: If Harmoney runs out of operating money say half way through the life of a loan and has to shut its doors so to speak, does the loan live on? Or is it transferred to another company or organisations to administer the repayments a see the loan out to completion? Or does it disolve?

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    I see the Investor RAR for March has just been updated. Personally mine has gone up for the 2nd month in a row @ 13.73%... On the down side I got my 1st Write Off today - LAI-00029544
    No-one can access loans they haven't invested in. So the loan # you posted is only relevant to the investors of that particular loan and superfluous to everyone else do you think?
    Well done on your increased RAR, mine has come down from just over 14%, to a figure similar to yours. I now have 4 defaults from a total of about 500 original loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippeedo View Post
    Hi Monica,

I have been investing in Harmoney since November.

Thanks for participating here on Sharetrader.

I sent an email to investorservices@harmoney.co.nz on the 12th of March at midday but haven't had a response yet that I can see.

This is probably in the fine print but if you could please assist one of a few questions I asked in that email........what happens if Harmoney doesn't make enough money to operate for the long term?

For example: If Harmoney runs out of operating money say half way through the life of a loan and has to shut its doors so to speak, does the loan live on? Or is it transferred to another company or organisations to administer the repayments a see the loan out to completion? Or does it dissolve?

The Harmoney investor information is very detailed on their website. I have found that by reading all of the info when I started investing 12 months ago, the processes' in various situations that may occur in the future are very well explained. I have made my personal lending decisions on how I interpreted this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    I was also invested in this. Loan taken out on September 9th with one payment of $00.21 Principal and $00.56 interest on October 9th. Less than 1% principal paid.

The loan was apparently for a new car. Would like to know how recollection is coming along for "Once a loan is charged off, we expect recoveries to be between 10 to 30 cents on the dollar."

Hi all,

Just sharing that I think P2P is such an interesting phenomenon and it could have a significantly positive impact on the world over time hopefully.

To be successful in the long term I reckon a platform needs to strike a good balance between all the stakeholders: investors, borrowers and the platform

If interest rates are too low or the lending terms for investors are unattractive there will not be enough investors to supply demand for loans.

If interest rates are too high and borrowing terms are unattractive there will not be enough borrowers to mop up investor demand.

If the platform is not making a reasonable ROI from operating it will not be able to continue and facilitate the loans which would be a shame because investors and borrowers will lose the opportunity to participate in P2P. It is important that the platform is profitable. The platform needs to be good at attracting borrowers and investors in some kind of balance.

Great to see P2P up and running in NZ and long may it continue.