sharetrader
Page 81 of 465 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmoney

These are just too similar - and all written off

written off.jpg

and more

Attachment 7965

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    My 4 write offs have almost identical borrowers comments. Mark of Harmoney confirmed that it is a fraud and "The perpetrator has been caught by the police and will be facing charges. They not only got away with Harmoney loans but banks and finance companies as well."
    So how big was this ? - Just from the 9 Loan ID's I have that look to have been hit they look to have netted $58,375 - And thats just what I know about from harmoney. Does any one else have any other loan ID's hit that I dont have listed above?
    Last edited by humvee; 07-04-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CR111 View Post
    My last six written off loans have some amazing similarities. Almost to the point of not being believable. All six borrowers had the same income, within a $1 a month. All six said the money was for their further education. All six were taken out in January or February this year. All six had the same monthly payment, but I guess that was due to them all being the maximum loan amount.
    Hi CR111

Were any of your 6 loan ID's different to my 9? I want to know how big this is?

So names given in comments are

Laura
    Kurt
    Christina
    Cristie
    Courtney
    Emily
    Natalee

So does this mean that the borrower managed to produce documentation and ID for all of these names? Or does it mean that harmoney does not check to see if the comments contain majorly incorrect and blatantly FALSE information

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Hi CR111

Were any of your 6 loan ID's different to my 9? I want to know how big this is?
    My 4 are revealed in your list humvee... Lower Hutt's seems 2b a regular feature!

laura
    kurt
    Christina
    Cristie
    LAI-00052943
    Courtney
    Natalee

@Monica, I'd also be interested to know about loan 53460.

For those lucky enough not to have this loan, it has also been written-off only a couple of months after being issued, although they did make one payment, so perhaps not part of the fraud that has been mentioned. But still concerning that a loan can be written-off so quickly, it suggests to me that something a bit strange has happened.

No matter the cause of these write-offs, is it surprising they have been written-off? Does it suggest the person involved is not even in NZ, as if they were local and had been tracked down I would have thought there is some potential for getting some money back. It also makes me wonder about the processes used by Harmoney to verify the identity from NZ drivers license or passport, confirm their bank account exists, credit checks, income etc.

Peer

LAI-00053297 is one from around the same time. no payments as yet. Not written off yet though.

Guru

Grade F and Grade E notes, even with their high interest rates, are not for the faint hearted, no matter how good the credit check system. At least if you are investing in the notes through a business, you should be able to deduct the write-offs from taxable income. It will be interesting to see the next statistics release to see if the write-off rate is still tracking under Harmoney's original predictions.