sharetrader
Page 85 of 465 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmoney

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It sounds like you have hit a rough patch. Is your gross return over the past 12 months getting close to Squirrel's 8.5%?
    Not yet but I think I will have more write offs this month than interest - a negative return. Will give an update when they update the RAR.

Harmoney (Verified) Dan@Harmoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_on_OE View Post
    Inadequate
    Always happy to provide more detail. When something like this happens the borrower payment is backdated otherwise there would be interest accrued and owed on the borrower account when this is actually a cancellation in the cooling off period.

In the investors statement we show the cash movement. That means the funds being deployed to the loan on 21/1 and then the cash being returned and principal reduced on 19/3.

This was an edge case and since my last update we have been working automating the fix which should prevent further issues like what was picked up happened here. We have processed over 5 million transactions to date and have had a low number of processing issues. While understandably frustrating be assured our focus is on reducing issues like this happening again to minimise the impact on lenders and borrowers. If you have any further questions I am happy for you to contact me directly at dan@harmoney.co.nz

Dan \ Monica,

Do you have an ETA for delivery of the End of Financial Year Tax Certificates yet?

Harmoney (Verified) Dan@Harmoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Dan \ Monica,

Do you have an ETA for delivery of the End of Financial Year Tax Certificates yet?
    Hi, yes they will be available mid May.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    Their marketing to borrowers seems to have little or no regard to how it hurts their lenders ..
    While true at a glance. At this point, ive just come to trust in the statistics, which i find accurate, hovering at around 11%. If i counted all my defaults and arrears, I'd just get a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Trying to predict those that wont make a payment is impossible in my view.
    I totally agree, which is why I am surprised that Harmoney thinks that repayment history during the first months can be a good predictor of future defaults (except for cases of fraud where the borrower had no intent to repay anything from the get go).

According to the statistics (https://www.harmoney.co.nz/assets/Pe...loss-march.png), default rate remains very close to zero during the first 5 months, then takes off (note the discrepancy with Harmony's model, which doesn't predict this flat start on the curve).

What is certain however is that Harmoney has a vested interest in encouraging rewrites (by reducing the borrower's rate). Investors end up paying fees multiple times and with an underestimated default rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@Harmoney View Post
    Always happy to provide more detail. When something like this happens the borrower payment is backdated otherwise there would be interest accrued and owed on the borrower account when this is actually a cancellation in the cooling off period.

In the investors statement we show the cash movement. That means the funds being deployed to the loan on 21/1 and then the cash being returned and principal reduced on 19/3.

This was an edge case and since my last update we have been working automating the fix which should prevent further issues like what was picked up happened here. We have processed over 5 million transactions to date and have had a low number of processing issues. While understandably frustrating be assured our focus is on reducing issues like this happening again to minimise the impact on lenders and borrowers. If you have any further questions I am happy for you to contact me directly at dan@harmoney.co.nz
    You have not yet fully answered the questions I originally asked.

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    What is certain however is that Harmoney has a vested interest in encouraging rewrites (by reducing the borrower's rate). Investors end up paying fees multiple times and with an underestimated default rate.
    This seems to be a recurring theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    This seems to be a recurring theme.
    I reckon the FMA wouldn't be too keen on Harmoney encouraging rewrites and earning fees from them.

Dan \ Monica,

Is Harmoney working on an Android Mobile Phone App at all yet??