sharetrader

View Poll Results: Kiwi / Aussie exchange rate where too from here in 2015 ?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 95-96 cents is as good as its gets and it'll head back down a bit in 2015

19 37.25%
  • It'll probably stay around current level's

4 7.84%
  • We'll hit parity some time in 2015

14 27.45%
  • The Kiwi will be worth more than the aussie at some stage in 2015

14 27.45%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Will we finally see Parity with the Aussie dollar in 2015 ?

http://www.theage.com.au/business/ma...30-12fi7g.html

Interesting thoughts on food imports from Australia and historical high's against the Aussie dollar. Looking at the relative strength / interest rates / outlook of the two economies we should hit parity in 2015 at some stage surely ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Banned

It would be nice to see $1 mango's over here, but this guy doesn’t think it will hit parity;

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU141...nst-aussie.htm

Banned

I'm in the NO WAY JOSE camp. Not saying it won't go higher but parity is an extreme.

There's a good thread already on the Forex section btw

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I'm in the NO WAY JOSE camp. Not saying it won't go higher but parity is an extreme.

There's a good thread already on the Forex section btw
    Opps, quite right mate. Lets keep the poll going though but please discuss here. http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ar-Lows/page12
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.

It might do. Depends on the housing market. The higher the prices go the more the RB will increase the rates and drive the dollar higher. I would be watching the housing market IMHO.

They were clear with their intentions in favouring reigning in housing over exporters.

Guru

I think atm they are both moving in separate directions---$K=higher interest rates and relatively good economy---$A--those resources(mainly Iron ore) are going down in demand (mostly China) suicidal to increase interest rates.

whether they reach parity or not--Its time to start looking at good Ozzie shares as they are getting cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I think atm they are both moving in separate directions---$K=higher interest rates and relatively good economy---$A--those resources(mainly Iron ore) are going down in demand (mostly China) suicidal to increase interest rates.

whether they reach parity or not--Its time to start looking at good Ozzie shares as they are getting cheaper.
    It might hit it sometime this year but might be to short lived to our liking. It would be good though to visit our bigger "western island" on a very cheap fare

percy

We will rocket ahead.
    Our rural based economy is driven by our farmers' turning water to protein,demand of which is driven by the growing Asian wealthy middleclass.
    Australian rising unemployment,mining,manufacturing slowing, weak retail demand ,and an over valued property market means Australia faces huge challenges in the foreseeable future.
    Looking forward to my even cheaper Aussie holiday.
    Last edited by percy; 01-01-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Yep, if we go above par I might feel obliged to help our neighbours out again and have another holiday there and while there buy one of the last Ford Falcon's.... the XR8 one which is $52,990 there and $69,990 here.
    I would be doing this purely for philanthropic reasons to help their economy out. The fact that this final falcon is fitted with a supercharged 5.0 V8 engine making 520 horsepower on over-boost would have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it

Banned

Looking a bit toppy here eh? That's one mega climb in a little over a month:

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NZDAUD=X

Also meed to watch that iron ore rebound and Chinese stimulus:

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...eculation.html
    Last edited by BFG; 03-01-2015 at 08:41 AM.