sharetrader

Default Best way to bring USD back to NZ

Hi all,

I have a decent sized sum of cash sitting in the US that I may need to bring home to NZ. What is the best way to do this? By default I would do an international transfer into my KiwiBank account, but I'm wondering if there is a better option that may result in more favourable exchange rates and / or lesser fees. I don't know if anything exists, but I thought, given the sums involved, it is better to ask first! :-)

I'm aware of options like NZForex, etc, but from what I can see they are mainly involved with the sending of foreign currencies rather than the receiving.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

El Toro~

NZ Forex can facilitate both ways; also get in touch with JB Were, they can do very competitive rates on large sums of $.

Rates not looking too favorable at the moment for you however mate.

Thanks! Yeah, not the best timing - I might leave in the US for now - I don't necessarily need to bring it back - it's more if I want to do things 'properly' (i.e. transfer between myself and the family trust). I'll look into NZ Forex and JB Were - thanks a lot!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    yep nzforex facilitate both ways...... easy to use and have the best rates I have come across.
    Use them often ... highly recommend
    Same here. Have used them quite a bit sending and receiving funds. Easy to use and good rates.

There are apps for this now days, have a search and read some reviews. You can get excellent rates around almost every bend -EXCEPT THROUGH THE BANK