sharetrader
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Goals & Aspirations

Well there you go forum folk, if you’ve built your portfolio to NZ$970k, you are, apparently, officially now a one percenter.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nearly-...xfam-ng-167589

Congratulations to all those, for what it’s intrinsically really worth to be a one percenter, I suppose it could be a measure of financial success in life, amongst life’s other more meaningful measures.

To those with aspirations, good investing and good fortune to you, now you have an official goal to work toward.

El Toro~

So basically anyone in Auckland central suburbs who is mortgage free is a one percenter (HNI?)? Seems flawed given our housing situation. It should be based off 'liquid assets', IMO.

Banned

My goal is to be a net worth millionaire by 40. First billionaire TA'er by 65

Advanced Member

My goal is not to work passed 55. So I have another 13 years to build up my portfolio.

Being a one per center never was a goal of mine but am well past it.
    My goal for this year is to see PEB, DIL, BLT, HNZ and XRO get me to the top of the stock picking contest by year end - and take my portfolio higher too!

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    My goal for this year is to see PEB, DIL, BLT, HNZ and XRO get me to the top of the stock picking contest by year end - and take my portfolio higher too!
    You just want that bottle of gin thats on offer.

Forgot about that - but yes that's an even more important aspiration!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I was a one percenter and if Peb,Dil and Xro perform well this year I will be again along with removing some dirty big red arrows off my portfolio so our goals are the same.

Only on net of $970K? I would consider that a shallow goal and not even enough to retire on

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    So basically anyone in Auckland central suburbs who is mortgage free is a one percenter (HNI?)? Seems flawed given our housing situation. It should be based off 'liquid assets', IMO.
    It is a very flawed calculation. Any recent Uni graduate with a student loan (including doctors) are at the bottom of the heap as they have negative networth. However, the villager in Africa with no access to debt but does own a few cows has postive net worth. So obviously third world citizens should donate a goat to our poor graduate doctors.