sharetrader
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sounds all good to me. I've been trying to get a cheap flight down there for February but no hope of that out of Auckland. March maybe ? or maybe we hook up for a winter trip with Couta1, I'd be pretty keen on one day's skiing, probably won't be able to walk the next day, too sore

Banned

I will be down there in August and September for a week each time Roger so if you venture down youll get a free ski lesson, that offer goes to anyone else who happened to come also and wanted to ski a day

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I will be down there in August and September for a week each time Roger so if you venture down youll get a free ski lesson, that offer goes to anyone else who happened to come also and wanted to ski a day
    Though I'm probably too old to learn how to ski properly, I'll give it a try if others would be joining for the fun of it as well And September is tentatively looking good as per my calendar sked.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Legislated theft... plain and simple. They seem to have a special committee and special council promoted events for every minority group under the sun but we no longer have basic inorganic free rubbish collection, go figure ???? Well the 10 year budget arrived in the mail today asking for feedback. I'll be giving them feedback alright starting with telling bloody Brown exactly where he can shove his pet $2.5 billion dollar inner city rail loop extension...you know... the one that 99% of Aucklanders will never use. Maybe he has another mistress on the planned route ?

Anyway, sorry I digress. Lesson here for the young-un's setting goals and aspirations is every rose has its thorns.
    Buy a fancy house and get absolutely screwed on your rates bills and XXXL sized houses come with XXXL sized maintenance bills.
    Buy a fancy launch and get a "bath of bills" every year from your marine engineers and service providers as well as the aforementioned "much loved" council with their council owned marina fees
    Buy a fancy car and you guessed it, pay through the nose for spare parts and servicing costs...
    Meanwhile you work your butt off keeping all these things shiny, clean and well maintained to impress the Joneses to what effect ? Do you really think having flash stuff makes you real friends and enhances your social life ?...it'll get you a bunch of free-loading fake friends if you own a fancy launch, I can tell you that much from experience.
    Do you own these "toys" or with all their ongoing costs, time and hard work to keep them well maintained and presented, do they own you ???????
    I do know where you are coming from Roger, but we steer well clear of some of those other fake Riv owners, our fleet of boating friends are all shapes and sizes and we all have the same fun on the water. My hubby has worked hard and has splurged out on the launch and yes, it is expensive but it doesn t own us... We enjoy it and share it and that's it- simple!

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    I only apres-ski. Happy to give lessons in that LOL
    You're young enough to learn, its heaps of fun I did a wee bit when I was younger, its lots of fun...besides I need to see someone falling over more than myself
    CB - Nice to see someone owns a launch that doesn't break down all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Actually Roger funny you should mention an annual ST meeting in Queenstown, ive thought about that a few times, would be a great idea if we all could catch up over a weekend down there, ive already booked my ski vacation down there for this winter ( I stay at the Goldridge Resort for a very good rate as its still owned by DPC so sure we could negotiate a cheap group booking) Who would be keen and when?
    I'm keen as I live just over the hill and would love the opportunity to meet up with some of the ST folk. I don't need any excuse to hit the slopes, but love the idea of an annual meet up in queenstown.