sharetrader
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    My goal is not to work passed 55. So I have another 13 years to build up my portfolio.
    I'd like to be 40 by the time I'm 55 but don't know how to turn the clock back.

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    So basically anyone in Auckland central suburbs who is mortgage free is a one percenter (HNI?)? Seems flawed given our housing situation. It should be based off 'liquid assets', IMO.
    Perhaps you're right but maybe Aucklanders who are debt free are out of touch with reality now with our new found status
    The council tell me my debt free home is now worth $1.425m...I'm scared for my forthcoming rates bill
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-01-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Yes exactly Roger - a lot of older and not so old in that camp - asset rich cash poor - can't eat your house!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I was a one percenter and if Peb,Dil and Xro perform well this year I will be again along with removing some dirty big red arrows off my portfolio so our goals are the same.
    I'm extremely fortunate to have my entire nzx portfolio in blue - but I took punts on some asx oilers that haven't paid off so a bit of red ink on that side of the ledger. I think it will be a long while before there's any change there!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    My goal is to be a net worth millionaire by 40. First billionaire TA'er by 65
    Yeah, became one in my 30's but billionaire is another thing, I guess.

Guru

i suppose it would be relevant to think about what are the goals and aspirations of those who already have 3-4 mill--thats where it starts getting complicated--Are you content?-Or do you want another 3-4 mill--Or perhaps just dont want to lose your original 3-4mill.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    i suppose it would be relevant to think about what are the goals and aspirations of those who already have 3-4 mill--thats where it starts getting complicated--Are you content?-Or do you want another 3-4 mill--Or perhaps just dont want to lose your original 3-4mill.
    For many, it's about the journey and succeeding at your business and general investment goals, rather than just obtaining vast quantities of cash. Those that concentrate purely on the dollar, often do not succeed.

Dear snap...I have always thought and told ..anyone listening...that NZ ers were probably the best around at working for the stuff...but one of the worst around at keeping the stuff......cheers.

Guru

Agreed--I became an ''accidental one percenter'' (property) not because I wanted to acquire huge amounts of wealth. But more because I like to fix things up. Everything else was a byproduct.---How was I to know that Auckland property would rocket.
    In the words of Bob Dylan---''I cant help it if Im lucky''----Goals and inspirations--They dont include a Ferarri

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I am not so sure if I believe in luck......... for me it was the right attitude at the right time, in the right place surrounded by the right people........(was not a master plan well executed.... it just fell into place) perfect recipe to become a 1% much earlier than planned.
    OK--I'll take a little bit of the credit--a happy combination of motivation,saving,work,with a good dose of luck