sharetrader
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

By 1st January 2022, I want my online stores to be generating revenue at $2 per second.

I am aiming for my net worth to increase by 15% per year. Retire in 6 years and move to a cheap country to live on the beach and drink cocktails inbetween mountainbiking and swimming and seakayaking. Investment income will provide much more than my living expenses.
    Cheers,
    MPC

Mountainbike racer MPC ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MPC View Post
    I am aiming for my net worth to increase by 15% per year. Retire in 6 years and move to a cheap country to live on the beach and drink cocktails inbetween mountainbiking and swimming and seakayaking. Investment income will provide much more than my living expenses.
    Cheers,
    MPC
    One year when we went to Southeast Asia for 3 months and rented our house and it totally paid for our semi budget accommodation--full time though gets tricky with Visas,but i like your approach.--Another option is a 50/50 split, going away for winter.

I made one of my more successful buys,sitting on the porch of my bamboo hut with my net book in Northern Thailand.

A very good article about HNI's in stuff!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...-private-banks

One thing they have in common - besides a lot of zeroes on their bank balances - is drive - A sentence from the article which caught my eye!

AWOL

Apart from waiting for PEB to hit 15.31 I have no particular goals or aspirations at this point.
    In fact I dont even know if I'm supposed to be here..

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    So basically anyone in Auckland central suburbs who is mortgage free is a one percenter (HNI?)? Seems flawed given our housing situation. It should be based off 'liquid assets', IMO.
    Lol, a property in auckland central can easily be a liquid asset. Even if the house prices suddenly drop by 30% (highly unlikely), homeowners of mount eden, epsom, herne bay, the houses would still easily sell for a million.
    So is property not a liquid asset?

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Lol, a property in auckland central can easily be a liquid asset. Even if the house prices suddenly drop by 30% (highly unlikely), homeowners of mount eden, epsom, herne bay, the houses would still easily sell for a million.
    So is property not a liquid asset?
    So you're telling me you can sell a house within a day of it listing and have the money almost immedietly? Perhaps we have a different definition of liquid asset..

I started with nothing and hope to one day see 1 A class berkshire hathaway share in my portfolio. Also lamborghini

This is a great thread. I think setting distant goals, and then achievable shorter term steps towards that long term goal can really help you succeed.

(edit: also there seems to be a number of 1%'ers in our midst already)

A goal that I often think of is to have $10m USD of investment assets. A portfolio of that size would generate c.400k USD of annual income, rising with inflation. With that I think I could do whatever I wanted.

To snapiti's question, I think some people that make a few mill take the foot off the gas. Each to their own, but I think you need to push hard until 10+ before dialing back your risks.

Good luck to everyone with theirs!
    Last edited by modandm; 25-01-2015 at 12:15 AM.