sharetrader
Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    For what it is worth - Share price did break a week ago through the MA100 and so far seems to hold. Lets take this as the first good technical indicator in some time - shall we?
    Trading in quite a tight range for the last couple of months too, a breakdown or break up on the cards? not till the next update i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Trading in quite a tight range for the last couple of months too, a breakdown or break up on the cards? not till the next update i guess...
    Probably - another month or so to wait for the FY results. If we assume they look as good as the analysts expect, and that they don't keep too much more as reserve, than SP should go up from there ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Another day of decent accumulation at marginally higher price. Looks like someone taking decent stake before the results are out next month.

Funny stock this... why is liquidity so low? Is it just because insurance isn't interesting?

Holding since low 3's and nice to see it move up but don't really have a good feel for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Funny stock this... why is liquidity so low? Is it just because insurance isn't interesting?

Holding since low 3's and nice to see it move up but don't really have a good feel for it yet.
    Tiny float, low dividend TTM and a fat write down recently are not pretty enough to catch the eye.
    You get to appreciate CBL by delving into their reports...

Not a very well understood business by most... nor do they have the most transparent outlook either.

The move into Indian infrastructure guarantee bonds and surety presents an incredible opportunity moving forward.
    https://www.pwc.in/assets/pdfs/infra...e-in-india.pdf

I have far too much riding on CBL, kept buying up every time it hit that 2.90-2.95 sweet spot.

Happy to hold for a long, long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Tiny float, low dividend TTM and a fat write down recently are not pretty enough to catch the eye.
    You get to appreciate CBL by delving into their reports...

Not a very well understood business by most... nor do they have the most transparent outlook either.

The move into Indian infrastructure guarantee bonds and surety presents an incredible opportunity moving forward.
    https://www.pwc.in/assets/pdfs/infra...e-in-india.pdf

I have far too much riding on CBL, kept buying up every time it hit that 2.90-2.95 sweet spot.

Happy to hold for a long, long, long time.
    Yes, chart is definitely not a pretty one but I took a leap assuming it had bottomed out. International growth prospects look very interesting as you've said.

Hopefully the tiny float works out well for current holders, I feel like good news could really give this a bit of a lift. (But as always if I'm proven wrong I have a stop loss in place!).

Yes, chart is definitely not a pretty one but I took a leap assuming it had bottomed out. International growth prospects look very interesting as you've said.

Hopefully the tiny float works out well for current holders, I feel like good news could really give this a bit of a lift. (But as always if I'm proven wrong I have a stop loss in place!).
    Understandable... the problem is, we really do not know how they are tracking as outlooks and updates are few and far between

Forecasting in their line of work would be quite a difficult undertaking and I don't think they are keen on shooting themselves in the foot.

Agree with you on any solid, good news with this few sellers could move it into 350+.... same goes for bad news heading below 300 ( HOPE THAT STOP LOSS IS MKT PRICE AND NOT LIMIT PRICE )
    Last edited by hardt; 30-01-2018 at 09:05 PM.

I feel like this will be going sideways for a wee while, unless 2HY is massive or they give detailed forecasts for next year (which i guess is difficult due the nature of the business). The forecast on 4traders of 42m NPAT for FY17 won't be achieved imo, even if the reserve payment is taken off this 42m forecast - making it 31m odd. Which would require roughly a 19m 2HY NPAT, a 50% increase over the prior period.

Therefore, i don't think we will see a massive year of growth until next year. I know NZFC has a lot invested in this but do they have an analyst outlook on CBL?

Disc: hold a decent amount.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    ( HOPE THAT STOP LOSS IS MKT PRICE AND NOT LIMIT PRICE )
    Hah, yes. I always keep a close eye on the escape hatch in case of emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    I feel like this will be going sideways for a wee while, unless 2HY is massive or they give detailed forecasts for next year (which i guess is difficult due the nature of the business). The forecast on 4traders of 42m NPAT for FY17 won't be achieved imo, even if the reserve payment is taken off this 42m forecast - making it 31m odd. Which would require roughly a 19m 2HY NPAT, a 50% increase over the prior period.

Therefore, i don't think we will see a massive year of growth until next year. I know NZFC has a lot invested in this but do they have an analyst outlook on CBL?

Disc: hold a decent amount.
    I believe CBL had 23M in normalised NPAT 1H18...

Attachment 9440