sharetrader
Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    ****..my new home under CBL insurance..luckily the home is 80% completed

What a mess. It's not going to change the situation for anyone who's been burnt but surely SFO has to investigate this ?! More questionables than quills on a porcupine.

I have not been learning much lately... this is a welcome experience that I am over the moon to be a part of.

I find solace in knowing brokers and seemingly bright institutions also took a punch to the throat on this one

Can't wait to see the actual numbers of the.... very abrupt breakdown.
    I am certain ( same way I was certain CBL was going great ) there are plenty of valuable bits within the group to limit complete loss of capital.

CBL are not being liquidated... yet.

Basically placing most of this weeks A2M profits into the dumpster fire with this one... celebrating with a bottle of 20yr tawny port and an early night

BP's list basically says it all for me too.
    Last edited by hardt; 23-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Guru

Ouch didn't dodge that one,bugger sold the wrong shares ! Wonder how PT is going? Where are you PT?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Fark! How am i going to make up this loss, kind reminds me of climbing Mt Ngauruhoe, 2 steps up and 3 sliding down on the scree.
    Apparently if your right 51% of the time, you are still in the money.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Ouch didn't dodge that one,bugger sold the wrong shares ! Wonder how PT is going? Where are you PT?
    PT was very bullish with CBL... hope he has sold them....seems unreal with so many going down like this... IQE,WYN and now CBL...

Banned

So what happen to it shares? People's money n possible thier retirement fund?...all gone?

seem unreal..as no big sign of financial difficulties...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12000817
    Last edited by King1212; 23-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    So what happen to it shares? People's money n possible thier retirement fund?...all gone?

seem unreal..as no big sign of financial difficulties...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12000817
    Like the collapsed finance companies, much will depend on what's recoverable - if any.

What's an absolute disaster! I nearly bought this but never pulled the trigger. From what I could tell it seemed to be a story of a well run and conservative NZ company. Well I dodged that bullet. I'm surprised at the number of companies who have failed lately on the NZX. Well here's hoping BIG on the ASX dosnt have the same fate as I did recently but a parcel. Real bumma

On the same day six months ago I purchased equal numbers of shares in CBL and another company. I had been following the second company for some time but was still wary about investing in it. So I decided to hedge my bets by buying some shares but also investing in what seemed to be a safe insurance company at the same time.

ATM has proved to be the better choice of the two.

Fortunately the paper gain on ATM at today's date has more than twice covered the almost certain total loss from CBL.

Apparently you can't win 'em all.
    Last edited by pierre; 24-02-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

I haven't followed this one closely, but there is clearly a lot more going on here than has been made public. I note this - http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43164788 - happened on the same day. Does anyone who knows CBL well know if there is any connection between the two firms?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----