sharetrader
Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No concrete company forecasts as far as I know, but from memory there is an ASX rule that (ASX-) listed companies need to make announcements if they know that their performance will be more than 10 (or 15?)% off the publicly available analyst consensus.

This might be as well the reason that they gave a reason for the halt on ASX, but not on NZX (not a NZX rule).

Analyst consensus for CBL FY17 is according to 4traders:
    http://www.4-traders.com/CBL-CORPORA...78/financials/

Revenue 358m (up from 264m in 2016) and NPAT 42m (up from 29.7m in 2016).

Maybe somebody just recently discovered on board level this ASX listing requirement? Otherwise I can't really imagine that they would need more than one month after the end of the financial year to find whether revenue / earnings numbers are quite different to the analyst forecasts ...

Ah well, I guess tomorrow we will know more ...
    NZX continuous disclosure rules / guidelines are pretty much the same as the ASX

Yes the 10%/15% is used as a general guideline as to materiality of financial performance .....could be v prior year, company stated guidance/forecasts or market expectations (analysts) etc.

When disclosures are made is important ..like as soon as the CEO and CFO are aware.

My reading is that CBL have a large writedown or something like that rather than day to day performance.

Google NZX Continuous Disclosures and I’m sure you will find plenty of guff.

Hope a Scheme of Arrangement hasn’t been entered into eh!!!
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No concrete company forecasts as far as I know, but from memory there is an ASX rule that (ASX-) listed companies need to make announcements if they know that their performance will be more than 10 (or 15?)% off the publicly available analyst consensus.

This might be as well the reason that they gave a reason for the halt on ASX, but not on NZX (not a NZX rule).

Analyst consensus for CBL FY17 is according to 4traders:
    http://www.4-traders.com/CBL-CORPORA...78/financials/

Revenue 358m (up from 264m in 2016) and NPAT 42m (up from 29.7m in 2016).

Maybe somebody just recently discovered on board level this ASX listing requirement? Otherwise I can't really imagine that they would need more than one month after the end of the financial year to find whether revenue / earnings numbers are quite different to the analyst forecasts ...

Ah well, I guess tomorrow we will know more ...
    As Winner said the same rules apply for the NZX, 10% is normally used as a basis to help define materiality.

I think it was pretty obvious that CBL weren't going to meet these analyst consensus based on the 1HY17, so i don't think a trading halt would of been used just to disclose this. Also they missed analyst forecasts last year by well more than 10 percent and did not go into a trading halt - who knows maybe they learn't after last year's FY result that maybe it is wise to disclose one off's even if they are smallish?

However, I think this is pointing to a major one off cost... well not too much longer till we find out.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    As Winner said the same rules apply for the NZX, 10% is normally used as a basis to help define materiality.

I think it was pretty obvious that CBL weren't going to meet these analyst consensus based on the 1HY17, so i don't think a trading halt would of been used just to disclose this. Also they missed analyst forecasts last year by well more than 10 percent and did not go into a trading halt - who knows maybe they learn't after last year's FY result that maybe it is wise to disclose one off's even if they are smallish?

However, I think this is pointing to a major one off cost... well not too much longer till we find out.
    As long as it’s a one off and ‘non cash’ wont be so bad

Market will just look at ‘normalised’ and ‘underlying’ numbers

Hope if it’s bad there will be panic and I get my $2.50/$2.75

Revenue growth in excess of 35% higher than expectations

That’s very very good news

Capital raising To come soon

Save up your pennies

It doesn't look like good news to me. Looks like they have underestimated the claims and been caught out, profitability lower?? and a capital raise. Are you sure winner 69. Don't hold any shares.

Hmmm ... one-off write-off of receivables of approx. $44m arising from broker/insurer/reinsurer reconciliations and related differences arising from a detailed post-acquisition examination of SFS throughout 2017.

Due diligence a bit weak?

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    It doesn't look like good news to me. Looks like they have underestimated the claims and been caught out, profitability lower?? and a capital raise. Are you sure winner 69. Don't hold any shares.
    Maybe at $2.20 horus.

Future looks bright the head honcho said

Suppose media will focus on the $85m loss ...ouch

disappointed. not a good look for 2H.. this is the third time they didn't get it right?