sharetrader
Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    What's an absolute disaster! I nearly bought this but never pulled the trigger. From what I could tell it seemed to be a story of a well run and conservative NZ company. Well I dodged that bullet. I'm surprised at the number of companies who have failed lately on the NZX. Well here's hoping BIG on the ASX dosnt have the same fate as I did recently but a parcel. Real bumma
    I bought a few BIG as well , heres hoping. Ive read there was no shorting on CBL so everyone holding has been caught out unfort.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I bought a few BIG as well , heres hoping. Ive read there was no shorting on CBL so everyone holding has been caught out unfort.
    Sorry to hear the CBL news. This had been on my 'watch-list' but never held (same with BIG and my gutometer warns me that all is not right with BIG.)

Take care out here and good luck to holders.

Advanced Member

Sad to hear for peoples loss on here. I went through it with Wynyard and it always sits in the back of your mind nowadays whether you make the appropriate choice when investing

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Sad to hear for peoples loss on here. I went through it with Wynyard and it always sits in the back of your mind nowadays whether you make the appropriate choice when investing
    Yep I went through it with Wynyard too so I feel for you guys caught holding CBL. It sux big time.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You guys enthusiasm for CBL piqued my interestv....mybe CBL is different from most insurance type companies.

Investment in insurors never really been my thing .... make money on the premiums sitting on the bank and hope you come out ahead on one's claims experience. And then accounts are basically a guess anyway (acturial assumptions and all that) so always hard to understand what the real picture is.

But I pressed on but after trying to uderstand this document CBL is not for me
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...bl.nzx-311362/

I take it you guys have a decent feel for how things work ....good on you.
    Obviously that presentation bamboozled a few smart fund managers with science because some topped up after this presentation in December
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Obviously that presentation bamboozled a few smart fund managers with science because some topped up after this presentation in December
    I dont know what they are saying but it looks like they know what they are talking about. Now what time was morning tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    I haven't followed this one closely, but there is clearly a lot more going on here than has been made public. I note this - http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43164788 - happened on the same day. Does anyone who knows CBL well know if there is any connection between the two firms?
    Don’t believe so.
    At least no mention of that company and writing business in China in the 60 page 2016 Offer Document
    But this is such a Birds Nest who would really know?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/299449

Guess there will be a few really pissed institutions who participated in the directors' $60m sell down less than a year ago?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/290012

Then, there's those who participated in the $60m placement to strengthen the company's balance sheet etc etc in September 2016.

Appetite for CBL obviously was very very very good!
    Last edited by Balance; 25-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Guru

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12001665

Another day, another headline with CBL in it
    for all the wrong reasons

Directors and management selling shares to increase liquidity for the benefit of all shareholders is such a noble thing to do. Shareholders should be so grateful for such a generous gesture from the likes of Harris Hutchinson and all.